PDA

View Full Version : save the fry !!!

THEDISCUSGUY
12-30-2002, 07:16 AM
hey all
i have a batch of about twenty fry and they have laid eggs again and i think they are eatting the fry what sould i do what is the best way to go thxs dale

SSTurner
12-30-2002, 11:05 AM
You may want to seperate the fish, you can leave them in the same tank or not . I put some "egg crate" in my tank so the fry can swim to both fish. Good luck. Steve

redlines
12-30-2002, 04:04 PM
The parents will most likely eat them all. Since they have spawned again they probably feel that 20 just isn't enough to care for.

If you feel like hand raising the 2 then remove them or let the parents do their thing and hope for a better hatching from the newest group.

If this continues try moving mom next time befor she lays eggs again. Your male should be able to handle raising the fry by himself.

Andy

THEDISCUSGUY
12-30-2002, 07:11 PM
thx for that andy and steve !!! i jsut want to ask steve about the "egg crate" is that the white screen thing in that tank ive never heard about a egg crate before how does it work??? thxs dale

SSTurner
12-30-2002, 09:57 PM
Thats it. I use it to seperate fish the fish in the same tank. I use it so I don't have to put one of the fish in another tank. Or to get a pair to spawn I just add a fish to the other side of the crate and sometimes it gets your pair back to tend to the fry or to spawn.

fossil
01-11-2003, 04:45 PM
-where can you get this "egg crate" ?

Carol_Roberts
01-11-2003, 05:47 PM
If you're in the US you can get it at Home Depot - elsewhere try lighting or hardware stores.

Carol :heart1:

fossil
01-11-2003, 11:37 PM
thanks Carol i'll look into it.