PDA

View Full Version : My new Photo hosting

Discusgeo
12-30-2002, 08:22 PM
Well since I dissapointed quite a few people who couldn't see my Photos in the photo gallery I went to www.PBase.com and joined there. I paid $23.00 for 100MB of storage which is a lot cheaper than Village Photos. You should be able to see my photos now I hope with no problems.

Ryan
12-30-2002, 08:26 PM
George,

Is that $23.00 per year or per month? Simply offers webhosting now, mostly for websites but can also be used as online storage. It's $15 a month for 2 gigs of storage :shocked: and 20 gigs of bandwidth per month :o

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=16;action=display;threadid=4028

You would need an FTP program to upload files to the web, which is one thing that the free photo hosting places don't require, but once you learn how to upload files you are all set and have the freedom to do LOTS of things. That's a lot of space and bandwidth.

Just a thought before you guys go out and spend a ton of money on photo hosting.

Ryan

Discusgeo
12-30-2002, 08:33 PM
Ryan it's $23.00 a year for 100 Mbs or 300Mbs for $60.00

Ryan
12-30-2002, 08:48 PM
George,

I thought so. Usually the photo hosts are pretty cheap. Maybe Simply should offer some photo hosting for a dirt cheap price? It may help pay for the server. I never thought about doing small hosting packages. ::)

Discusgeo
12-30-2002, 09:05 PM
If you did Ryan I would have put them there. It was even paid thru Paypal which was nice as I could use the photo linking right away. You never did get back to me on which version of Front Page I needed that would work on your Linux server. Someone else also had a question about a web page on that very subject also

Ryan
12-30-2002, 09:15 PM
Well, I know it probably works with FrontPage 2000. I searched around but never saw a specific version, so I am assuming that they are just generic extensions that work with any version. I could always set up a test account and let people test out their version if they wanted to see for themselves. What version do you have?

Ryan