PDA

View Full Version : Fry at 1 week

peety
01-01-2003, 01:28 AM
Fry now 1 week old !! ;D ;D

This is as far as I've got without mom and dad having dinner with the kids >:(

What now?

Do I need to remove the cone to stop them from getting itchy trigger fingers and trying to spawn again?

I have BBS ready ... how much and how ? When I used it before it seemed to just end up bouncing on the bottom of the tank for a while then just dying... I read you can squirt it at the parents... ???

Water changes and feeding as normal ? (I have been but there seems to be large build up of food as ma and pa don't seem to be eating as much :-\)

Both parents are happy with sharing kids so thats all good ;D

Can I crank up air on filter ? Its goin pretty slow, or should I increase water changes to replace depleted water ( No sign of low oxygen levels yet but I can't imagine its very high... ::) )

Any help now please... (seems like every week theres a dozen new questions...)

Thanx
peet

Carol_Roberts
01-01-2003, 03:29 AM
Do I need to remove the cone to stop them from getting itchy trigger fingers and trying to spawn again? yes

I have BBS ready ... how much and how ? I read you can squirt it at the parents... I do about a teaspoon of eggs with the required salt for water used. My hatcher is inside tank so 84 degrees, bbs hatch in about 24 hours. Turn off air, bbs settl to bottom and are orange. You can remove with turkey baster and squirt over fry

Water changes and feeding as normal ? (I have been but there seems to be large build up of food as ma and pa don't seem to be eating as much )If parents aren't eating cut back on food. I do very careful water changes - makeing sure change water is exactly like water in tank and adding gently (fry are delicate)

Can I crank up air on filter ?try it and see Its goin pretty slow, or should I increase water changes to replace depleted water best to do a couple of 20% WC daily now. Then as fry get bigger (say 3 weeks) I do 50% twice daily WC

Carol :heart1:

peety
01-01-2003, 03:48 AM
Thanx for quick reply... i've been checking constantly. ;D

Cone is now out...
Air is increased a tad.

When I added live bbs before i just dumped it in the tank (I don't think it ever got near the fry ::))

Mom and dad are fighting a bit, is there some point when you remove one, or will I be better off letting them sort it out in the long run. (They've been good up to now so don't know if its a problem)

And yup, my syphoning is carefull now... nearly sucked a couple up... :-[

Thanx again
peet

Carol_Roberts
01-01-2003, 01:54 PM
Remove one parent (mom?) if they start to fight.
Carol :heart1:

01-01-2003, 02:52 PM
Hi,
Try Putting a sponge or airstone on Your syphon Tube! so You don't suck up any Fry if Your worried.

Cary Gld!