PDA

View Full Version : mated pair

DiscusR1
01-01-2003, 11:20 PM
Hello guys just wanted to see what you guys thought of my pair!!!!!!
No fry yet :bomb:

DiscusR1
01-01-2003, 11:48 PM
Here is the deal guys:
They have spawned three times so far, each time is better and better but this past time the eggs have all turned white. Most of the eggs fell off the spawn site at first, those were eaten.The ones that were left are in a place that i think the male could not get to. The ? that I have is should remove them or let the fish do this themselves because they are still guarding the site? ???

Carol_Roberts
01-02-2003, 01:27 AM
I think they need to practice more. They will get it right in time. Are you sure your water is soft enough, without too much current during breeding?

Your male is almost a red and black striated discus. I would save a few of the heaviest peppered ones and see if I could develop a strain without any white. Are his eyes red too?

Carol :heart1:

redlines
01-02-2003, 01:39 PM
Hey,

I will match that pair. Pretty close hun?

Mine is a Male BDSS and a female Red PB

Same story here the female keeps laying eggs on the seams of the tank even though she cleans the white pvc with the male???

I blocked the first corner with pvc & she went to another one the next time. I figure she just doesn't like white....so I figure when she lays egs again, should be Tuesday if she stays on her 8 day schedule, I will be ready for her. This time I have White pvc in one corner & black in the other.

Let's see who's pair figures it out first. ;)

Regards, Andy

redlines
01-02-2003, 01:41 PM
here is just the female

Her peppering comes & goes sometimes nearly gone sometimes really dark depends on angle, lighting and how close she is to spawning again.

redlines
01-02-2003, 01:44 PM
Here is just the male. He is waiting for some of my BDSS from Cary to mature so I can make a better matched pair.

But in the mean time he might as well practice with the PB.

No sure what I will get from the cross but interesed in seeing.

Andy