PDA

View Full Version : Fourth time, still unsuccessful

kelvintanpk
01-02-2003, 05:47 AM
Hi carol,

My problematic pair spawned again this morning, there are
about 200 eggs on the piping. I have added methelyn blue solution on
the eggs. What should I do next?.. Water change? feed the parent?.
Please advice.

01-02-2003, 09:09 AM
Turn off the lights and walk away!

Remember if they do hatch you need to remove the blue it will only damage the parents slime coat produceing NO food for the fry!

My advise is to use acraflvin instead of Blue or Green.

4 spawns may be to soon give them time.
Best wishes

HTH you one day soon!
Cary Gld!

kelvintanpk
01-30-2003, 01:51 AM
This pair has spawned again last night and there are about 100+ eggs on
the pvc pipe. This afternoon, I checked on the eggs condition and found that
about 50% of the eggs turned white.
Before I took the male turquiose to place with this female blue diamond, it had spawned with another female turquiose and about 100 eggs were seemed but only 4 successfully grow to 1cm today and are taken care by
the female now. Therefore, I think the male turquiose must have weak sperm counts.
What can I do for this male????.

On the other hand, my rose red pair has successfully brought up 120, 1.5cm long offsprings at the moment, I feed them daily with brine shrimp and frozen blood worm.

It is indeed a wonderful sight to see have both parent takes care of their
babies so well.

kelvintanpk (Singapore)

Carol_Roberts
01-30-2003, 02:20 AM
Hi Kevin:
Since the Rose red's have 120 babies the problem must be with the male of the other pair and not a water quality problem. Maybe he is just young, maybe the female doesn't lay eggs close together, maybe you have more water current in that tank . . .

kelvintanpk
02-04-2003, 08:29 AM
help! help! help!

I discovered that some of my baby fish are dying, the color are dark
and they look restless. They are about 1.5cm, i feed them with live
brine shrimp, chop blood worm and pig heart. I have 8 dead one since
monday... What is happening?. The temperature is about 28 degree celcius. I clean the tank after the food is finished or filter out unfinished food. I found Some small ones are sitting at the bottom of the tank and some are floating at the surface. Aeration is definitely not the problem, could it be the food that cause the problem?. I suspect indigestion, what medication can i use on them?

Please reply asap to help me prevent further dead one.

larry lob
02-05-2003, 05:43 AM
Hi kelvin,

I have the excact same problem, i was hoping someone would have replyed

my perams have not changes, the babies are 5 weeks old and all of a sudden i am losing them, like yours they are getting very dark stress bars and sitting on the bottom some are rising to the top and the rest look ok.

i have no idea whats going on and i am sure i am going to loose the whole batch.

anyone got any insight please?

Larry

Trapper
02-05-2003, 04:39 PM
Larry,
I am no genius by any means, but I have had the same problem before with my babies and repeated water changes of between 25%-40% everyday helped a bunch.. Also when I changed from frozen blood worms as their mainstay and started using black worms as the main food, it also changed their growth rate, and it seemed to help the smaller guys a lot too. I got the black worms from Dan of California black worms and just followed his advice...now the babies rush to the front when they see me come into the hatchery.. Good luck with your babies as I know how we tend to worry over them.
Regards,
Trapper

larry lob
02-06-2003, 05:17 AM
Cheers trapper,

I never lost any last night but they are still showing heavy stress bars, i change about 40% twice a day. in the uk cbw is impossible to find so thier main diet is still frozen bloodworm, but i do give them flake, tablet food, diskusin, beefheart and black mosquito larve they eat what all the other have.
i'll just keep changing water and testing ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???.

Thanks

02-08-2003, 12:43 AM
Are you sure you don't have flukes,
Mat.

help! help! help!

I discovered that some of my baby fish are dying, the color are dark
and they look restless. They are about 1.5cm, i feed them with live
brine shrimp, chop blood worm and pig heart. I have 8 dead one since
monday... What is happening?. The temperature is about 28 degree celcius. I clean the tank after the food is finished or filter out unfinished food. I found Some small ones are sitting at the bottom of the tank and some are floating at the surface. Aeration is definitely not the problem, could it be the food that cause the problem?. I suspect indigestion, what medication can i use on them?

Please reply asap to help me prevent further dead one.