PDA

View Full Version : Back to the orgy tank and fighting

darcy
01-02-2003, 05:52 PM
Hello All
well I believe that big PB I had in the photo Gallery is a female. So I put her and the cobalt back into a community tank with some other adult's, now the cobalt is beating the crap out of anything that moves. I have an even bigger Pb than the one I took pic's of and it is getting bullied around like crazy!! So how long before thing's will start to calm down again? Most of these fish have lived together before but I guess they all forgot about each other! No real serious fighting has broke out... yet!
Darcy

Carol_Roberts
01-02-2003, 06:21 PM
Be real careful. I had seperated fish into breeding tanks that had lived to gether for a year or two. When I tried putting them back together they beat one female up really badly and I believe would have killed her!
Carol :heart1:

limige
01-02-2003, 07:13 PM
i'm having the same problem, seperated a pair for awhile then put them back into the community tank at the same time some new fish came out of quartine.

it's been war every since. keeping close eye on things, trying to get my fish room somewhat organized, building a rack shortly and will begin plumbing,

problem is i have several other pair forming. i figure by the time i finish my rack and tanks i may have 3-4 pairs to work with. we'll see, darn fish don't always cooperate, they always do their own thing.

darcy
01-02-2003, 08:02 PM
thanks Carol I'm keeping a watchful eye on them all!! At least a truce breaks out when I have food in my hand!!!

Limige yes the little bugger's always keep a person on their toes eh? A little coperation would sure be nice.
Darcy

01-02-2003, 08:10 PM
Darcy,
Try Putting a mirror in his or hers favorite spot! or next to the tank!

limige,
My friend be careful what you wish for!

Cary Gld!

darcy
01-02-2003, 08:13 PM
cary what are you trying to say?? That she will beat the crap out of herself? Then be a good fishy and get along with her other tankmates?
darcy

Lynn
01-03-2003, 01:45 AM
Darcy,

Do have anything you could put in the tank to break up the sight-lines? Like real/fake plants wood? Sometimes if the one being chased can get outta sight, things calm down, sometimes they get worse >:(

darcy
01-03-2003, 12:35 PM
Lynn
its not one being chased. It is one doing all the chasing!! That runt of a cobalt is Mike tyson in his prime!!!! Things semm to be calming down somewhat though.
Darcy

01-03-2003, 12:55 PM
Darcy,
Trust Me she will like it cause the one in the mirror will fight back with her.

Cary Gld!

darcy
01-03-2003, 01:21 PM
Ok cary i will trust you and give it a try when I get home this evening!!
Now pm me back and let me know what you will have for pigeon bloods!!!
Darcy

darcy
01-04-2003, 12:44 AM
Well,well as I went to do my daily water changes tonight,(armed with a mirror) as I walked in to my fish room....all the discus were getting along and spread out through the whole tank!!!!! Darc wins, Darc wins!!!!! The cobalt was even courting my other PB that I hope is male!!!! Ahhh I love fairy tale endings!!!!!

Don't go there Frank!!!!!
Darcy

fcdiscus
01-04-2003, 12:54 AM
;D Frank