PDA

View Full Version : very confused...black and tubifex, difference?

ReeferKimberly
01-04-2003, 10:29 AM
ok i have been feeding what i thought were tubifex worms and now everyone one is telling me they are the same (well by everyone i mean the owners of 3 different fish stores) as california black worms. i need some pics showing the difference or something. i live in california, could this have somethig to do with it? please someone clear this up, its getting me really frustrated. >:(
thank u all,
~kim~ :-*

Carol_Roberts
01-04-2003, 05:32 PM
California black worms and tubifex are NOT the same. Why don't you order from Dan on the link above so you can see what good quality cbw look like?

Carol :heart1:

ReeferKimberly
01-05-2003, 09:08 AM
i can't order anything. i'm 16 in two weeks. no credit card. parents don't "trust" internet.
kim

ReeferKimberly
01-05-2003, 09:14 AM
i have a limited types of food i can feed. what i can get:

frozen: brine shrimp, baby brine shrimp, daphnia, and mysis shrimp

dry: most types of flake, limited amounts of specialty (krill i can find sometimes, bloodworms (hikary) if the store gets
them in)

live: tubifex worms, SOMETIMES live bs

gel, prepared: bh (my fish wont touch it and i havn't the slightest idea why), gelled water fleas (other fish like it, discus do not)

the discus only love the tubifex. if i starve them they will "tolerate" the frozen mysis and only the frozen mysis
i have tried everything. i'm almost out of ideas... :-[
kim

paul_burney
01-05-2003, 11:47 AM
Kim you also can fed your Discus frozen bloodworms and frozen beefheart most pet stores have these . the big chains for sure IE Petsmart Petco...
Paul