PDA

View Full Version : Results of your contributions

Chaos
01-04-2003, 12:07 PM
I want to thank everyone for their contribution to my success so far in keeping most of my discus alive and healthy. I was able to learn through this forum how to treat my discus when they were sick. I don't think my discus would have made it through the last 10 months without the wealth of information provided by this forum. I had water problems, Hex, etc.

Had 9 casualties (6 deaths were my fault- 1" size, bad water). Grew to own 5 tanks. Taken over one of the bathrooms in a two bedroom apartment for the discus.

Special thanks to Al for his dedication to the quality of this forum. Also thanks to all the moderators who did their very best to keep the spirit of this forum strong and growing.

My first pair laid eggs on New Years in my Display Tank.

For more pics, see my other post:
http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=11;action=display;threadid=5810

h317
01-04-2003, 12:46 PM
Congratulaton!

Is that algae on the driftwood? What are you going to do with the eggs? Hope your water parameter is good for hatching.

My discus did spawn twice but, since they are in a community tank with other fish (tetras, rasbora), the eggs didn't last long :(

brewmaster15
01-04-2003, 01:16 PM
Way to Go!

Glad to hear things are going well for you and the discus! ..and glad the board could help!

take care,
al

RandalB
01-04-2003, 05:29 PM
A picture like that makes it all worthwhile.

Congrats! Many Babies I hope. Post some Pics of both parents! I can only see a little of the other parent.

If they are two Striated Blue turq's I'll buy some babies from you!

RandalB

Don_Lee
01-04-2003, 08:46 PM
Congratulations Chaos! Helping people is what the board is all about, and it pleases me greatly to see the board has been helpful.

Don ;D

Chaos
01-04-2003, 11:14 PM
Thanks for your comments. Today, another pair in my other tank also laid eggs. I am not prepared to breed them, but they are motivating me to do so. I will prepare one or two BB tanks and give it a try. I will reread all the posts on breeding discus. I know its going to be a challenge to breed discus, but feel confident with the help from this forum.

You can see more pics in my post in the Gallary section:
http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=11;action=display;threadid=5810

Dennis_Hardenburge
01-04-2003, 11:24 PM
Chaos
I think you can give your self a pat on the back too, you are doing a good job with the fish or they wouldn't be spawning for you.
Very nice tank.
Dennis

April
01-05-2003, 12:18 AM
Chaos. those fish look great. and obviously happy and well adjusted enough to lay eggs!! glad you are learning and enjoyng this site. ;D

01-05-2003, 12:56 PM
" Congratulations"

Looks like you're doing things right ;)

Good Luck with the pair ;)

Beth

Chaos
01-06-2003, 06:53 PM
Oh yeah, yeah, yeah...Oh no! I think this pair has started a trend. My discus are pairing up and laying eggs. I have started another thread on this.

Thanks for the congrats.

01-06-2003, 07:17 PM
Good Job :thumbsup:

They look very nice...

Mike