PDA

View Full Version : Adding Discus

liz
01-12-2003, 07:38 PM
Hello I am going to order another two Discus.The shop will get them in and then quarantine them in a tank by themselves for a few weeks.That way I know they will be ok.I have been looking at all your beautiful fish and asked him can you get this one and that one but unfortunatly here I am pretty restricted in what I can get.

Discusgeo
01-12-2003, 09:03 PM
Liz when your shop get's them what is he going to do for you in the way of quarantine? Is he going to de-worm them? treat for flukes? or is he just going to watch over them and see how they act. If that's all he is going to do (watch them) you can do that yourself if you have a spare tank, heater and cycled sponge. Just get your med's in order and have the tank running at 85 degrees F or about 29 C

Preeda_Lim
01-12-2003, 11:29 PM
Hi Liz..

Great comment DiscusGEO...i think if you can quarantine by yourself should be better..because i don't think the shop could do this better than you..

hth.

Preeda

01-13-2003, 12:51 AM
Yes I Agree,
We will help You. First get a good heater so you can raise there temp up and heat treat. ;D

TakeCare,
Cary Gld!

liz
01-13-2003, 09:43 AM
Thanks Folkes So it would not really be beneficial him keeping them for a few weeks other than making sure they were feeding and were healthy.I could always ask him to worm them ect.When I got my present Discus I dont think they were wormed.I dont see any on them,Should I perhaps do them?I have got a spare tank I use as a hospital tank.

Carol_Roberts
01-13-2003, 08:14 PM
Hi Liz:
Is the LFS going to do daily water changes for you? I bet not. . . . Any other sick fish at the store and minimum wage workers dipping their hands from tank to tank to discus tank? Pretty Scary :o I'd set up my own QT tank and take them in the bag to my house.

Carol :heart1:

BlueTurquoise
01-13-2003, 09:28 PM
Minumum stay at "Hotel LFS" is advisable. Why lfs QT? why not straight from importer/supplier to your tank? by adding the middleman of LFS = more risk from exactly what Carol said.

Chong

liz
01-14-2003, 05:28 PM
Hello Again The reason I am going leave them for a little time at the shop is because the first lot I got came from the supplier to be collected at the shop that day.When I brought them home they would not feed and the poor things all died within a few days.My present ones shop kept until I was quite happy they were ok.