View Full Version : black pigeon, what is my fish?

ReeferKimberly
01-13-2003, 02:19 AM
i recnetly aquired a new fish. i'll describe him as simply as i can.

-golden base
-whiteish blue spots covering body, not small spots like snake skin but not connected lines like pigeons (small connections but not consistent)
- spots on upper half of body have heavy peppering and almost look black
- fins have some peppering, some blue lines and some red lines
- black tail and ventrals

ok it may sound confusing, i'm trying to get a digital camera but don't have one yet. maybe sometime in the future. any thing sound familiar? i've looked at pics and stuff but none look like mine. he is a fully colored up male and about 5-6 inches long.thanks guys,
kim

Ryan
01-13-2003, 03:14 AM
Sounds like a pigeon. Any fish that has pepper is a pigeon-based fish. The patternings on fish are not consistent and so no two pigeons will be identical IMO. Black tails are also characteristic of a lot of pigeon strains, including the "Panda" varieties that Wattley made popular several years ago. I remember seeing them in pet shops and thinking they were the coolest fish I'd ever seen.

Ryan

ReeferKimberly
01-14-2003, 02:43 AM
thanks for the reply. i suspected he was one kind of pigeon. i have another pigeon female i'm trying to pair him with (its of course up to them and soley them.....;) ). i think they would have pretty offspring. i know the peppering is "frowned upon" by many but i like it anyways, it adds detail. so thanks again!
kim