PDA

View Full Version : What color var. is this???

Aquatic_Design
01-13-2003, 08:13 PM
Can anyone tell me what color variation this fish is? It was sold to me as a red pearl male. I'm not sure it's any of those. What's your opinion?

Donna :)

Rick00
01-13-2003, 09:04 PM
I think that just another name for a Red Turq..

Rick

01-13-2003, 09:08 PM
Red Pearl is just another type of red turk that has more circles then striations.

Nice looking fish good shape... I like the vertical striations in forhead if the pattern fills out and the color comes in it will be very nice discus.

Mike

fishfarm
01-20-2003, 03:11 PM
Hi, I sold Donna the fish as a Red Pearl, it came from Wayne Ng and turned out to be a female! Oh well! It's huge and never laid for me so I just "assumed" it was male ;) Ken

01-23-2003, 12:22 AM
Ken, Don't mean to nitpick, but Wayne calls it " Giant Pearl Red " .

Donna, You need to work more on the red coloration with some color enhancing food. What size is the fish? Joe :)

Aquatic_Design
01-24-2003, 08:37 AM
Thanks Joe.
The fish is quite large. I have only had it for a few months and it was an adult fish when I got it. I have started to color feed to try to improve the color. The fish was raised on CBW and was VERY difficult to switch over to my feeding program. May I ask what you use to enhance color? Anything you might recommend?

Donna :)

fishfarm
01-24-2003, 10:07 AM
Hi Joe, all of Wayne's fish are Giants! Ray Mc Caleb raised the fish and fed it copeus amounts of CBW, it has actually colored up more since Donna got it. I'd say it is pushing 8" Ken