PDA

View Full Version : WILDS - HEX?

jim_shedden
01-15-2003, 05:52 PM
Hi Folks : I had picked up 8 wilds at Xmas and have kept them quarateened. Today I noticed some white / stringy feces coming from on eof them. He is eating very well and showing no discomfort. They are getting a varied diet of flakes , bloodworms and shrimp. I checked closely and it does not appear to be tape worm. I have also been putting in salt at a tablespoon per 10 gallons. They are currently in a 50 gallon tank. I think that this is bothering me more than him. Should I treat the tank for hex?
Ph - 7
gh - 4
kh - 4
temp : 86
no ammonia, nitrites, nitrates
Any suggestions?

Jim

lkleung007
01-15-2003, 06:16 PM
Hi Jim;

I am certainly no expert when it comes to Hex. I have treated for Hex. in the past and with good results. Since the Discus are eating well and acting normally, I would tend to wait a bit longer before treating. Continue to watch carefully for any behavioral change at all.

HTH, Lester

Francisco_Borrero
01-15-2003, 07:50 PM
I would also tend to wait and see. I have observed that shortly after feeding bloodworms I see some stringy feces, but not white, and this is not always the case. If it were me, and white stringy feces are consistently seen, I would use metro. Many times fish may have a light case, and behave perfectly well even with the clear feces. But then, something may change, such as bullying, or a decline in water quality, and then they may get sick.
Good luck. Cheers, Francisco.

jim_shedden
01-15-2003, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the note guys..............I think I will wait..............I just changed the water and fed them and all are pigs so that is good.

regards : Jim