PDA

View Full Version : AND WE HAVE EGGS!!!

cesar_1304
01-15-2003, 09:38 PM
FINALLY!!! Here are some pics of the unlikely duo... The first of the two is my first and oldest discus is my Cobalt Blue who is atleast 2+ years... poor thing survived my learning curve hence the big eyes... and the other is my San Merah who is about a year old...

I am not getting my hopes up at all... just happy that it happened... so here are a few pics....

-Cesar

The unlikely duo eating blood worms after a long spawning session...
http://www.cesarserna.com/CBxSM_2_1-15-03_opt.jpg

CB guarding the eggs....
http://www.cesarserna.com/CBxSM_1_1-15-03_opt.jpg

Discusgeo
01-15-2003, 09:56 PM
Good Luck with them Cesar. Don't forget to add the Formalin or something else to slow down fungus

cesar_1304
01-15-2003, 10:27 PM
Thanks, I added some Maroxy... I hope that will do the trick...

-Cesar

hunterbeav
01-15-2003, 11:10 PM
Congrats Cesar thats the stuff, works gr8. When the fry are 1 week freeswimming I add Formalin at 2 drops per gallon. Then 3 or 4 days latter do it again. Then wait a week and do it again. It has worked for me so far. Good luck Jim & Diane :)

Toothfairy
01-19-2003, 04:55 AM
where do you guys buy formalin from?

Aquatic_Design
01-19-2003, 07:35 AM
Hi Toothfairy,

You can buy Formalin at www.drsfostersmith.com
HTH
Donna :)

Toothfairy
01-19-2003, 06:43 PM
Thanks Donna. :)

cesar_1304
01-22-2003, 01:32 PM
Ok... Here is some bad news...

They ate the eggs that are on the pictures of the original post... About 30 hours later...

Now some good news...

They layed again... So I decided to shoot it on over early this morning to Home Depot to get some kind of mesh to determine at the very least if the eggs were fertilized... in the mean time I used a piece of plastic crate grid to seperate the eggs and the parents...

Now for more bad news...

When I got back I found the Red San Merah had pushed through and was chomping away and left but one egg that was out of reach...

Ok more good news...

I thought I had seen my Blue Diamond and Snake Skin hanging around each other alot and this morning some rams were pecking at one of the pots I have in the community tank... There were about 4 clear eggs left... I guess I can leave them in there and see if they do it again...

-Cesar