PDA

View Full Version : Help sick fish no eating 1 month

Preeda_Lim
01-16-2003, 09:05 PM
Hi all,

One of my golden, that had white feces(1 month ago) so i treated him with metro(4 day 400mg./gal), after that i observed his feces was black then i stoped the treatment and bring him back to my main tank. Anyhow he still not eating well and prefer only bloodworm(mix with metro also) and yesterday again i spoted his feces again it came out white but it's like cotton not clear white.

Any idea..? should i deworm him? but i can't find flubendazole so can i use mebendazole instead?

Preeda

zoids
01-16-2003, 10:27 PM
Preeda,

You should treat him with metro again for about 1 week. When he starts to eat keep him there till he puts on some weight. Don't transfer him back to the main tank so fast.

01-17-2003, 07:49 PM
Retreat with metro. 400 gm. per 10 gallons. 1 tsp. of non-idonized salt. per 10 gallons. Change 50% water daily and replace salt that was taken out with w/c. Keep heat at 92-94 for 10 days. Treat with metro for 4 straight days. Then at the end of 10 days gradually bring heat down.

HTH
Miles

Preeda_Lim
01-19-2003, 09:32 PM
I decide to treat with metro again by 4 days and will keep him seperate for 10 days, and i'll keep u update.

Thanks,
Preeda

BlueTurquoise
01-19-2003, 10:46 PM
Good luck preeda,

Don't overdose and remember to raise tank temperature. Mine only recovered with salt and temperature (I think they healed themselves, medication did nothing).

Chong

Preeda_Lim
01-21-2003, 11:39 PM
Updating my situation now, i treated him with metro for another 4 days and stop keep temp around 31, he's still not eating and look very weak and i've seen yellow feces this moring.. what should i do next.

Preeda L.

Carol_Roberts
01-22-2003, 03:01 AM
Maybe Caprillaria (small instestinal worm). Sympoms are similar - fish hang back, quit eating. Treat with flubendazole.

Your fish may have more than one thing wrong with it. Discus can tolerate light infestations of hex or caprillaria, but when they are stressed or weakened the parasites get the upperhand and can kill the fish.

Many times you can never fully cure these fish and they will get sick over and over. Sometimes it's best for your other healthy fish to euthanize the sickly ones. :-\

Carol :heart1:

01-22-2003, 03:25 AM
I agree with Roy, 4 days is not long enough. You stoped the treatment to soon and make sure you keep the temp up above 93 while treating. ;)

Mike

01-23-2003, 09:12 AM
Miles,
Why the salt with Metro??????????????

I agree with Carol yellow feces NOT HEX!

Preeda_Lim
01-23-2003, 10:18 PM
Right now...head up still not eat. I give up all treatment(using just heat and salt) because i think he might not tolerate enough. :-\

Preeda L.

Carol_Roberts
01-23-2003, 10:49 PM
Sorry, no one can save them all :-\Carol :heart1:

Preeda_Lim
01-27-2003, 11:56 PM
Hi all,

Just updating,

I bet my last chance by treat him with metro again(because i think he will die anyway if i do nothing).
What i did are almost the same but this time i've raised up temp up to 34 c and metro 400 mg. pluse with salt 2 tbsp./gallon. Right now i've treated him for 3 days, he begins to eat today some blood worm, brine shrimp and no head standing all time and black feces are coming back. So i feel he might recover soon. Thanks everyone and i'll keep you guys update.

Preeda L.

01-28-2003, 03:00 AM
;D