PDA

View Full Version : Please Help

spartyblaze
01-19-2003, 12:46 PM
Okay - new discus owner here (yes, the same one who was braggin a week ago about a month in the game).

Well anyway, about a week ago, I converted my tank from the ugf, rocks and sort to bare bottom. I have 2 3" discus in a 20g, and this morning I awoke to a sick as hell discus. He's not floating and has no visible problems with his exterior, but rather laying on the filter, coming back to life shortly, and going back to a corner or so.

I change water 25% daily and such - haven't missed a day. When I changed the filtration system, I followed Ralphs suggestions to a t. What should I do? Any suggestions?

I tried to load a photo of him, so hopefully this works......

Willie
01-19-2003, 01:02 PM
Please report on all your water parameters. Otherwise, there's no data to consider.

Willie

Carol_Roberts
01-19-2003, 03:20 PM
He sounds pretty sick if he's being sucked to the filter . . . sometimes an illness comes on quickly and hits hard. . . :'(

Carol :heart1:

01-19-2003, 05:19 PM
Spartyblaze, did you transfer the fish to another tank while getting rid of the fluff? Or did you leave them in the tank while stirring up all the mulm and detritus? :o If so, then what you are now experiencing is a bacterial problem---As Willie said--more data needed. Joe

Ralph
01-19-2003, 06:58 PM
Just as a clarification, I told him to put the discus in another tank while he changed his tank to a bare bottom so that the fish wouldn't be exposed to everything lurking in the gravel and UGF. Could be something to do with the three different waters though (tank with old water, temporary tank, tank with new water). If any of the waters had something bad in them or were significantly different in pH, etc., it could cause the problem. Or sickness could have been coming on before and appeared with the changes.