PDA

View Full Version : How to save my non eating discus from death

ravesoul
01-20-2003, 08:57 PM
Hello im not new to this post but i havent had the time to read all post regarding eating habits,, well the point is that i just got back from holidays again and now one of my discus is extremely weak and dark and skinny its a pitty to see it this way, y checked the temp and it was little los so i raised it, it was all dark and had white slimmy things on its fins, but those seem to got better with the raise of temp. it doesnt eats anything,,, and i was desperate, so i make some kind of vitamins and food slurry and feed him with a syringe.,. did i did wrong he now looks a little better, but i just have feed him once im afraid ill hurt him or the food im givin him is wrong. I just crushed discus bits and added water and some multivitamin to the paste and feed my poor discus.. i dont know if i should continue making this and, it doesnt seems to eat much.. any help would be greatly apreciated, i have some pictures of it when it was healthy, the other discus in the tank looks healthy and is eating so the angel, those are my only fhishes and they dont bother the other discus..

helpppp!!

Thanks in advance..

David Bulnes Abundis.
Viva Mexico.

01-21-2003, 02:02 AM
http://www.afip.org/CLDavis/GrossCourse01/fish.htm

HTH

EthanCote.com
01-21-2003, 06:04 PM
heheh Cary, one needs a phd to understand that ;)

Hey David, can you tell us more about the fish:
- how long has it been that he has been this way?
- how big of a tank
- how many tank mates are with him (how many are Discus and how many are angels)
- what is his size (is he the smallest out of the crowd)
- what is the current water temperature
- what are you feeding them
- when you feed, does he have a chance to eat or does all the others rush aggressively attacking the food
- any sign of disease (ie. white stringy poop, or cloudy eyes, or more than normal slim coat)

Try answering those questions and perhaps someone here can give you a better answer to your question. Also if possible, take a pic of him and post it here.

Take care.

Cheers,

Chi.

ravesoul
01-21-2003, 08:29 PM
Here is the info that may help someone help me jeje

- how long has it been that he has been this way?
I dont know probably 2 weeks.. i went on vacations for 1 month,

- how big of a tank
190 l

- how many tank mates are with him (how many are Discus and how many are angels)
There are 4 tankmates, one discus. one angel and two baby platys.

- what is his size (is he the smallest out of the crowd)
its about 10 cm , ( 4-5 inch aprox), its the smaller one.

- what is the current water temperature
I raised it and today ots about 30 C - 29 C

- what are you feeding them
Feeding only discus food, from tetra

- when you feed, does he have a chance to eat or does all the others rush aggressively attacking the food
He just simply doesnt eats food goes infront of him and he does nothing... noeone is thre to harras him..

- any sign of disease (ie. white stringy poop, or cloudy eyes, or more than normal slim coat)
Yes ALl skinny DArk, Slimmy Feces Roten Fins... lots of signs..

Hope this Helps..
thank you

Carol_Roberts
01-22-2003, 03:37 AM
Is the other discus or angel sick?

Carol :heart1:

ravesoul
01-22-2003, 11:18 AM
th other discus WAS sick, about 2 months ago but i treated him with flagyl because he had all those white stringy feces and he got lot better he got excelent health from then on. The angel has never been sick.. its a sturdy one. Im going to sell him soon so i just dedicate my tank to discus...

Th littlo sickone now has aleays a feces hanging, various color all seem whittish. He stil doesnt eats nothing and im surprised he still alive i dont know how to medicate or feed him, maybe flagyl again por parasiteS_?

Thank u
???

ravesoul@hotmail.com
al775435@mail.mty.itesm.mx

Carol_Roberts
01-23-2003, 02:24 AM
Is the discus showing fin rot too. I hesitate to advise you to raise your temperature for the metronidazle to work if you have a bacterial fin infection too. . . . .Are you doing daily large water changes + salt in this tank? Thats always your first line of defense.
Carol :heart1: