PDA

View Full Version : gimme some proof...

peety
01-21-2003, 10:00 AM
I have to admit.... I'm sick of watchin my fish die !!!
I have taken them to the vet for post mortems, been given a batch of meds and the rest still go belly up. Enough!!!!!

If it takes a microscope or some other tests can someone please outline what I need to do to go about identifying each specific disease.

There are only 2 vets in my city that have any knowledge of fish, I'm not sure that they care enough.....

If anyone out there is a vet or doc, can you just break down the procedures to identify any one illness i.e gill fluke. Tell me how to prove it is gill fluke, how to identify it, how to determine how bad the case is, a reasonable dose based on that degree, and how to tell it's gone.

Thanx

peety

(Its been a hard couple of months and faith in science, or a greater good has vanished) :'( :'( :'(

brewmaster15
01-21-2003, 10:43 AM
Hi Peety,
what you are asking is not easy.... But you may find many answers to your question here....

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=10;action=display;threadid=1140

You may also find many questions needing more answers! :)

hth,
al

EthanCote.com
01-21-2003, 06:12 PM
Great link Al.

Hey Peety, sorry to hear about your loss. Perhaps if you explain the condition the fishes were in before they die, perhaps someone here can help you out to prevent it from happening again.

- what color/texture is their poop
- what is your water chemistry
- what is your pH
- what behavioural difference did you noticed that can be consider "abnormal"
- how big are they
- what are they feed
- what conditions did you think lead to their demise (ie. new food, new water, addition of new fishes, etc...)

I'm sure there are a slew of other questions, but you get the point.

Also do you have any before and after pictures of the fish?

I wish you all the best.

Cheers,

Chi.

Discus_KC
01-21-2003, 06:19 PM
Peety,

You have post mortems, what were the findings of those ???

What did the vet tell you they had ??? And what did they give you to treat ??

We all can learn more :) :)

Jack