PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Feeder

espitzer
01-27-2003, 11:10 PM
I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck using an automatic feeder to dispense dry food? I've looked at a couple of mail-order sites and it looks like most of the feeders attach to an aquarium hood which I don't have on my tanks (just a glass cover).

Thank you!

01-28-2003, 12:32 AM
Hello epitzer,
I personally love my Eheim feeders. They sit nicely on the glass covers, filters, lights, which ever. They feed up to 4 times a day. Each feeding can be doubled with a 60 second interval. I have found them to be the cheapest at drsfostersmith.com. If you or anyone else find them cheaper, please let me know, as I need one more....

Julz :)

Dennis_Hardenburge
01-28-2003, 01:03 AM
I use rondomatic feeders, which also sit on the top glass. Mostly for fry.
I have been very happy with them but they are exspensive I believe about $60.
Dennis

espitzer
01-28-2003, 10:45 PM
Julz and Dennis,

Thanks for the response. I'll check these out (and let you know if I find them cheaper than you indicated).

Eric

RandalB
01-28-2003, 11:33 PM
Julz and Eric,
You want the Eheim feeders cheaper?
Try;
www.bigalsonline.com

ASWO#7742 <---Stock number

They are $39.99 each there.

RandalB (Cheap SOB)

01-29-2003, 01:03 AM
Hey Randal thanks!! :thumbsup:

That is definitely better than I get them!.......

Julz :)

RandalB
01-29-2003, 02:14 AM
No problem Julz,
I love to find a bargain on anything! That's why I learned to make my own RO units, I was too cheap to pay $250 dollars for one! LOL

RandalB

01-29-2003, 12:39 PM
Thanks again, http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/u/cop.gif

Just ordered 2 more!... Love them buggers....

:) :)

arpanlib
01-29-2003, 01:51 PM
hi,
i have lots of EHEIM automatic feeders and they work very well for me as i only feed dry food to my fish.

hope this helps.

arpanlib

ronrca
01-29-2003, 04:11 PM
Agree with the eheim! I love it! Had a nutramatic I believe. Cheap garbage. Ended up falling into the tank and the drum did not stop turning. When I came home, there was a huge mountain of food in the corner of the tank. The discus were fine but fat. They must of thought it was a buffet!

cobalt
01-30-2003, 01:30 AM
here there is bad taxation .
the eheim feeder costs retail 200 U S $$$$$
I build my own from a upside down bottle and a stick inside and a the cap upsidedown on tjhe stick. full of tetrabits
cheap nice and hangs over the tank.
when the fish are hungry they bit the stick and it rains down food.
Cobalt ;D

arpanlib
01-30-2003, 04:27 AM
wow, thats a nice piece of DIY.

can we have a picture with full explanation.

thanx a ton.

arpanlib

Joao
02-02-2003, 10:02 PM
Hi Folks,
well, here in Toronto the Eihem ASWO 7742 cust $79.99 , it's a lots of money, but if you have to go away for a couple of weeks you have no choice, or does anyone know a better way to feed them for two weeks???????????

From Toronto, I wish all the best, and stop looking for that tank ! take a break , the fish will not flyyyyyyyyyyyy...

RandalB
02-05-2003, 09:38 PM
Cobalt,
Where are you located that they are that expensive?

RandalB

Joao
02-05-2003, 11:56 PM
Did I mention Toronto?

Canada

so it's canadian dollars?????

Quite expensive you think hem?

Thank you

Emminess
03-22-2004, 04:32 AM
see http://www.aquaria.com.au if you're looking for this in australia
they have the eheim feeder for 99 bucks

Haywire
03-22-2004, 08:09 AM
Yeah, It's sad Joaj isn't it.

I wound up buying the nutrimatic feeders for my growing tanks, but it means I have my lights on for over 14 hours.

Wonder if they sell ehiems at the duty free? I need a few more feeders so I'll start some research. I think randal may be tempted to ship some, what do you say randal?

hooha
03-26-2004, 02:55 AM
this may be a simple question, but how does the eheim get the food under the glass on a typical glass cover? Do you need to put it over a hole in the plastic strip in the back? I'd prefer to have the feeder drop pellets to the front of the tank if possible, but can't imagine this being possible

also, how tall is the eheim sitting on your tank? I'm likely I'll only have 2 or 3 inches between the top of the DiY hood I'm planning on building (for OD fluorescents) and the glass cover

Haywire
03-28-2004, 02:14 PM
No of the feeder will.

They are intended for tanks which have large canopies which you can hide the feeders in, or lidless tanks, or partially covered tanks (my setup).

You either notch your glass top for the food drop, or you feed them from the back if you have aa shallow canopy.

hooha
03-29-2004, 04:33 AM
i will probably be able to slide open the glass cover of tank a slight bit in the front for room for the feeder

can anyone tell me how tall an eheim feeder is? I'm making the canopy so if need be I can make it higher to fit a feeder