PDA

View Full Version : clear- hex?

Denny
01-28-2003, 01:57 PM
i have 2 adults out of 4 in a bb tank that are emitting clear feces, they are also not eating well. i started to notice it last week and they are still doing it. can they have hex with clear feces? as it is usually known with white feces.

Carol_Roberts
01-28-2003, 02:11 PM
Yes, feces can be clear instead of white. Increase water changes and raise temperature, have metro handy. Sometiomes in mild cases the extra water changes and heat alone will bring them around. IF not, do the standard metro treatment. (400 mg per 10 gallons everyday after 50% waterchange for 3 or 4 days - temp 92 and left up for a week after Tx, slowly lower)

Discus carry small amounts of flagellates all the time, but they don't get the upper hand unless the fish is stressed. Why do you think they became ill? You have to fix the problem or they will get sick over and over.

Carol :heart1:

Denny
01-28-2003, 02:20 PM
the reason i believe has to do with the titanium heater i had that quit working , the temp dropped to 78-80 degrees and the heater i replaced it with didn't raise the temp much.i put in another one now and i think i will move them to a smaller tank to medicate.