PDA

View Full Version : CBW's... Do they make a difference?

01-29-2003, 01:37 PM
I would have to say..... YES!

Not only have they been without for 26 hrs 16 mns and 32 secs to the tee (Dan, my fish are goin thru withdrawals here!) :-\ heck the Fry are even hooked! Everytime I even peek toward the fish room (Do I have to mention the Fish Parlor?) the fishies are screamin "Worms feed ME Worms".................

Even the frozen Bloods don't cut it anymore... So tell me? What does one do when a shipment is not necessarily late, but the owner is a dollar late and a day short from ordering?

Anyone else that has experienced the same dilemma.... Please speak up!.....

Julz :)

01-29-2003, 01:50 PM
Julz,
You must spoil your fish. They will still eat but without the main course they will not be happy fish. So ya know The fish I have continue to eat, they just wait for the food to hit the bottom of the tank instead of attacking it on the top.
LOL

HTH
Miles

01-29-2003, 03:01 PM
Ya know Miles, you are so right.

The fishies eat what ever is put in the tank. But because of my auto feeders, whenever they see me they think I am one big worm. (Others tend to agree, I am sure) and got nuts.

Still waiting!.... :-\

Julz

BlueTurquoise
01-29-2003, 06:54 PM
Miles, Jules,

Actually when I spoke to miles and april the other day on chat regarding chronic hex problems wihth my fish he menitioned that it could be my hikari frozen BW.

Now let me just state that they have been going on hik fbw for over 6 months but this time i purchased a bulk order, a whole box. First sign of problems was the fact that they didn't like the new batch of worms, then they started getting a whole array of problems including darting and suspected bacterial infection or maybe a gill worm of some sort.

Miles put the idea in my head that if Hikari is thawed and then refrozen they could be potentially hazardous as bacteria will grow in large numbers... I went out and purchased a new pack but they regarded it in much the same way; not at all! I thawed one outside the tank to see what the fuss was all about, IT STANK! pheeew! man i have not smelled a smell like that since the cattle farm when I was a kid!

I think you are right Miles. I stopped Hikari and threw the lot out and moved onto black worms. Now i have cold feet about hikari fbw and I can only trust black worms (if it can be trusted) or beefheart. I am willing to take the risk...

I now feed only those two and some tetra bits that they reluctantly take... they may be spoilt but gee without the blacks I would be up the proverbial feces creek without a paddle! They are doing VERY well now.

Chong

Carol_Roberts
01-29-2003, 09:00 PM
Hi Julz:

I make my juveniles eat a meal of flakes or bits for breakfast every morning otherwise they get too spoiled

Carol :heart1:

01-30-2003, 12:39 AM
Yeah Carol,

Mine get it 4 times daily with the feeders. They do take it willingly. I just feel bad that I am out of CBW's and really don't want to resort to fbw's for the reasons Chong stated...one of them anyway. Have not used them for over 4 months and the trouble has subsided. Oh well, guess I just need to be patient... :)

Jeff
01-30-2003, 02:08 AM
I'm a believer on the CBWs. I feed them along with a variety of other foods. ;)

gary1218
01-30-2003, 08:19 AM
THRIVE with LIVE ;D

GARY

RichieE
02-06-2003, 01:09 PM
Ive been feeding worms every third day. IME when you feed them every day some Discus will stop eating other foods. Rich

fcdiscus
02-06-2003, 01:22 PM
I agree CBW are a great food source, and use them almost exclusively for my Breeders and fry! I just continue to be amazed at the results people like Dennis Hardenberger get without them. I am planning on going back to Beefheart mix and Flakes-Bits- along with cutting down on CBW. They jury is still out on Hikari Bloodworms, but I think they make and excellant treat, and should not be used more than a few times a week. Frank

dm
02-08-2003, 01:29 AM
I feed mine BW almost every day but at night usually something else. They will eat whatever I put in there but go totally nuts for the BW.