PDA

View Full Version : Does a light blue background really make a difference in the color of your fish?

samcatj
01-30-2003, 10:21 PM
If I use a light blue background will my fish show off there colors better? I have PB's that have quiet a bit of peppering will it make there spots show up less? Thanks

Samcatj

Carol_Roberts
01-30-2003, 11:37 PM
The peppering will fade in intensity with a light background. It is still there - just not as pronounced.

01-31-2003, 01:01 AM
light blue background and try to avoid any dirrect sun light ;)

Mike

RichieE
01-31-2003, 05:04 PM
IME the difference from black to blue was huge especially on Pbs. Go with the blue. Rich

Nate
01-31-2003, 06:05 PM
I've never done any experiments with it, but I've had good luck with a light blue background. One older PB's peppering faded, and none of my younger ones developed any significant amount of dark peppering.

Nate

allan_mark76
01-31-2003, 06:25 PM
PB strains you will notice a difference with blue - cream colored backgrounds.

It works also...

Don't forget the lighting cuz that can also affect your discus.

A- ::)

jeep
01-31-2003, 06:50 PM
I think lighting is of most importance. I have two tanks with identical backgrounds and I moved the fish from the first to the other. All were much more colorful in the first tank and the light bulbs are different (un-marked).

My backgrounds are a reflective, darker blue. In another tank I painted it lighter blue. The peppering on my pidgoen did fade considerably, but his body is more yellowish due to bad lighting...