PDA

View Full Version : Shipping of Frozen food discontinued

01-31-2003, 01:16 PM
Please note that I will no longer be shipping frozen foods. It's just too big a risk & pita to ship a product that is not insured due to it being perishable. I have had some shipments held at U.S. Customs lately and now one is being held by the FDA while they ensure there is no threat to national security. It just sucks to send out these packages and hope that they don't get caught in a whirlwind of red tape and bureaucracy. I could still ship within Canada but the demand just isn't there to justify stocking large amounts of product plus all of the other supplies required.

So I'd like to give a big Thank You to all of my satisfied customers, it's been a pleasure. And since I didn't stiff anyone regardless of the reason the product didn't make it in usable shape I guess that includes everyone that ordered from me. Ciao.

Dave

01-31-2003, 01:21 PM
Dave,
Sorry to hear. But it will get worse before it gets better.

Miles

samcatj
02-01-2003, 10:29 AM
For those of you who are wanting to order some frozen food a friend and I recently ordered food from Drs.fosterand smith and we were both very pleased. The food selection and prices are very much in line with everyone else that is selling but there shipping prices are even better - $19.99 for next day delivery regardless whether you order 1lb or 100lbs. The food comes in frozen rock solid and the shipping containers are first class.

Samcatj

02-01-2003, 12:41 PM
www.threeguysacquatics.com sells frozen foods, including Hikari bloodworms, for excellent prices and charges only exact shipping prices. I've had great experiences with them. Tell them you're from Simply and they will probably give you a little discount.

02-01-2003, 01:33 PM
If you are looking for a real good source for Hakari Bloodworms. Get in touch with Jeff www.discusfarm.us
his banner is at the top of the page.

Miles

lwarctic
02-03-2003, 11:45 PM
Just so everyone knows. It was my shipment that Dave had all the problems with this time. I want everyone to know he made a long distance phone call and spoke to me about my shipment when it got here today. It was a mess and Dave said would refund full amount if I am unable to use the product he sent me which was not his fault it took a week to get here. The FDA and customs got ahold of it and did their red tape which took about 4 days, then we had the weekend. Anyway, just to let you know I am very happy with the way Dave backed up his product even though it was not his fault. I recommend everyone to order from him with his dry goods, I know you'll be happy with the service and honesty.

Les

gump
02-08-2003, 08:50 PM
Sorry to hear that Dave. Always had great luck with product and service even after 5 days in May? Any Mesis shrimp left Dave.??
Pierre

DanCBW
02-18-2003, 10:59 PM
Hi All,
Here is an update on the frozen foods we plan on offering
along with our Blackworms. Keep checking in as I will
be updating as needed.

http://www.aquaticfoods.com/testimonial.html

Dan
Aquatic Foods