PDA

View Full Version : 911 HELP !!

symphysodon
02-01-2003, 12:46 AM
I recently removed 2 fish that weren’t eating to a 36-gallon hospital tank to treat them with Metro, but they have not responded to the treatment.
I have never seen a healthy looking discus deteriorate so rapidly both of them are paper-thin. They excrete white feces and one of them has extended gills.
Even though they look like living skeletons they are still quite feisty, but have not eaten any of the Panacur food mixture I made for them.
One of them will eat a few Black worms I feed them but have not picked up any weight.
I am almost positive they are hosting some type of worms,
Please respond to what meds are most appropriate, and consider that they are not eating.
Water parameters,
PH 6.8
Bare Bottom tank
30% water change daily
Bio wheel filtration with carbon

Regards
John

Carol_Roberts
02-01-2003, 12:51 AM
What did you do when you treated them with metro?

Did you raise temp to 92, add 400 mg per 10 gallons ever 8 or 12 or 24 hours with a daily 50% WC for a period of 3 or more days, leaving the temp eleveated for another week before lowering?

symphysodon
02-01-2003, 12:57 AM
HI Carol,
I got the temp to 90, and treated them with four capsuals in my 36 gallon tank every other day for a total of 3 treatments.

John

Carol_Roberts
02-01-2003, 01:09 AM
Since they are still pooping white I'd try another round of metro. Treat flagellates first, then go after worms

REMOVE CARBON. Raise temp to 92 if you can. Use six 250 mg capsules for your 36 gallon tank. Dose every eight hours for four days. Change 50% water daily (with 92 degree aged water) add extra air. Keep feeding the cbw a little at a time. Leave heat up for a week after, then slowly lower a couple of degrees per day.

symphysodon
02-01-2003, 01:50 AM
Thanks Carol I will try another round of metro, to your suggestions and see what happens.

Regards
John