PDA

View Full Version : Prazi

SFming
02-01-2003, 03:29 AM
I just got Praziquantel today, but I don't know how much I should put in the tank. Each Tablet contains 23mg Praziquantel, so just put it whole Tablet into the tank? Thank you guys.

SFming
02-03-2003, 12:55 AM
I read some article that says 17mg per 10 Gallons? Is it the recommended dosage using Prazi? I concern that will over dose if I put too much.

cobalt
02-03-2003, 01:41 AM
dont put the whole tblet into the tank first grind it up then mix in osmosis water (like a quarter liter) mix it vigorusly till totaly dissoved then ad to tank.
it prevents local O D
Cobalt

SFming
02-03-2003, 05:04 AM
Thanks you so much. Therefore, 17 mg is the right dosage for each 10 gallons right?

Ardan
02-03-2003, 07:08 AM
Hi, You can use 100 mg/10 gal. Prazi is effective against tapeworm and flukes.
For tapeworm once a wk for 2 to 3 wks.
For flukes every other day for 21 days.

ref http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=10;action=display;threadid=1024;st art=0

hth

DISCUS USA
02-03-2003, 08:20 PM
SFing where did u get prazi from ,having troble locating the stuff,can u give me their website address or phone# my fish would really appreciate it,they are holding on the end of rope need your help.thanks sfing..

Denny
02-03-2003, 08:51 PM
where to get prazi?

this is an email address for barry illman. he is a common source here with a good price.

billman@citynet.net

the price is $5 per gram with a 3 gram limit. 1 gram treats 100 gallons 1 time.

on a side note, be careful when you receive it as you basically get a small plastic bag of white powder in an envelope and i probably don't need to tell you what it may appear to be to some casual observer :o if you are not sure what i mean, look up anthrax letters or cocaine on your web browser.

denny

DISCUS USA
02-03-2003, 09:23 PM
THANKS DJ AGAIN I JUST READ WHAT U LEFT ME ON THE ONE ON TOP.THANKS ALSO FOR THE WARNING ABOUT THE WHITE POWDERY STUFF , I DEFINATLY KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN I ALMOST DID TIME FOR POSSESION WITH INTENT 2 DISTRIBUTE YEARS BACK FOR THAT STUFF.PEACE. ;D ;D

SFming
02-04-2003, 02:56 AM
Hector: I bought it from this site.

http://www.petwarehouse.com/

I know there are some place cheaper than this site. I just want to buy all of the stuff from same place, so I go for this site for my convenience

Thanks Ardan for your advice!
------------------------------------------------------
Can I combine with Metronidazole during deworming?

Right now, I am using Metronidazole every other day, and there is one more treatment for this week.

Should I do that?
-------------------------------------------------------
I am searching any site that have cheaper medication, but I found out Prazi have two different packing, one for Cat and one for Dog. Are they the same?

This site is the cheapest one at Yahoo
http://www.vetamerica.com/

Ardan
02-04-2003, 07:24 AM
Hi,
I wouldn't mix metro + Prazi.
hth

Francisco_Borrero
02-04-2003, 12:38 PM
Ardan:

Regarding dosage of powdered prazi (as from Barry Illman) for the purpose of treating for gill flukes.

My understanding is that :

- Treatment duration : 21 days
- Put dosage in tank on day 1, wait 24 hours, and on the next day begin water daily water changes. Then on day 7, another dosage and similarly. Then on day 14, do the same for a total of 21 days. (the last 7 days are supposed to be only if one in tanks with gravel/sand).

I have always used the procedure as I just wrote, but for flukes I use the 21 days even though I use barebottom tanks. This has been my interpretation of both Barry's guidelines and what I have read in forums.

The way you described implies a much higher dossage, in that you are adding the dossage every other day for 21 days.

Let's figure out which one is right.

Cheers, Francisco.

Ardan
02-04-2003, 08:21 PM
Hi ,
Flukes can hatch every 3 days, so you need to use prazi every 2 days to get the ones that hatch.

Do 50% wc before each dosing.

hth

Francisco_Borrero
02-05-2003, 10:49 AM
Thanks Ardan.
Cheers, Francisco.