PDA

View Full Version : New disc & need advice

Fisheyes
02-05-2003, 03:16 PM
Good morning
I have a couple of questions regarding my new Discus that I purchased 1 week to day.
3 pandas and 3red turqs. All adapted to there new home except one of the red turqoise Likes to hang in the corner . He is a picky eater and does not swim around alot with the other disc. they are all 2months old and are about 2 inches in size however the one I am concerned about is the smallest of the group. When he comes out to tour the tank his color is excelent but he seems very shy when I approch the tank.
He must be eating enough as he looks fine as far as weight goes. I have not had much experance with disc and do not want to just start throwing drugs at him .
The tank is 33 gal
water temp 30 c
Ph 7.6 ---high ph 7.8
Kh 107 ppm
gh 107ppm
I am using r/o and tap --75 r/o to 25tap
I also have as advised from breeder 3 table spoons of salt in 33 gal.
50% water change daily
Is this little guy just shy or am I getting parinoid .
As I walk to the tank they all come running except him.
Thanks for any and all advice
Ken

Fisheyes
02-05-2003, 03:19 PM
SorryI tried to send a picture but it did not go through.
Will try again
Ken

fcdiscus
02-05-2003, 03:27 PM
Usually the smallest of the group has a problem being bullied. Sounds normal. Just life in the world of Discus, and I would just let them be. Frank :)

cheyenne
02-11-2003, 03:10 AM
I AM NO EXPERT BUT HERE IS WHAT I DID. WATCH YOUR FISH IF THERE IS ONE FISH PICKING ON THE SMALL ONE REMOVE HIM FOR 1 DAY. THEN PUT HIM BACK IN. I HAD THIS PROBLEM NOT LONG AGO. ONE FISH WAS RELENTLESS, WHEN SHE WAS PUT BACK IN SHE BECAME THE VICTIM. SHE DESERVED IT. NOW EVERYTHING IS CALM. ALSO I ADDED 2 TANK HEIGHT PLANTS THAT GAVE NEW TERRITORIES. IT REALLY WORKED . ALSO THE SECOND NEW BULLIE WAS HUMBLED GOING BACK IN . HOPE THIS HELPS MY NEW DISCUS WOULDN"T EAT AT FIRST BECAUSE OF THE TERROR. MARY