PDA

View Full Version : fish not well

Liz_Streithorst
02-06-2003, 10:27 AM
My male pigeon blood has been hanging around the same place in the 125 planted community tank for about a week now. I didn't think much of it at first since he and his girl prefer that area. But last night his girl startd dancing for him and he didn't dance back. When I fed CBWs last night and this morning he didn't eat. I can see nothing obviously wrong...have never noticed any unusual behavior or feces. Unfortunatly, I'm not sure how long he hasn't been eating, but I know that he and his girl spawned about 2 weeks ago. After work I'll move him to a 29 gallon. Water params right now are temp 83, kh 5, gh 2, nitrates and amonia both 0. Any suggestions as to treatment?

Liz

Liz

Ryan
02-06-2003, 02:32 PM
Hi Liz,

I am sorry to hear about your fish. The first thing you could probably try once you remove him from the community tank is to raise the heat on him. Read the recent post by Samcatj and look at Mike's suggestions. I would think the same suggestions apply in your situation. HTH.

Ryan

fcdiscus
02-06-2003, 02:37 PM
I agree with Ryan , Liz! Not eating is never a good sign. He may just be in a Breeding Mode, but isolation is probably the best bet for now. And some heat. Frank