PDA

View Full Version : Vitamins in water???

Flexy
02-08-2003, 11:20 AM
Any of you guys add vitamins to water??? I seen those products that you add every week or so. Do they actually work?? Will it help for HITH??? Thanks

April
02-08-2003, 11:36 AM
i think youd be better adding those vitamins to your beefheart mix. or put them on your live worms. then.....if you feed them those healthy foods....you wont get hith.
i believe ive been told that hith is caused by poor diet.
and you need live worms etc. to cure it.
it can be cured...if you change thier diet.. can you get live worms? or red wigglers? do you have fish with hith flexy?or is this just as a preventative? the vitamins would be lost to water changes.so better in food.

slicksta
02-08-2003, 12:28 PM
I add a few drops to my dry pellets a few times per week......not sure if it helps....but it doesn't hurt.... my fish are healthy and growing.....I only feed dry food,that's why I am using it...... it smells the same as a multivitamin you would buy in a drug store....
gee....I wonder if it makes there urine fluorescent like a Centrum does to me......... ::)

John

02-08-2003, 01:29 PM
:thumbsup: Well Put MOM!

John, For hith Check out this link!
http://www.masla.com/fish/hlle.html

And like april has said I also like to use it in My beefheart Mix! I use baby muti liquid Vitamin's

May I also recomend these Books on more info when useing Vitamins and when treating for HITH and alot of other great info!
http://www.mops.on.ca/products/BOTF-TS169.htm

TakeCare,
Cary Gld!

Jeff
02-08-2003, 01:45 PM
Flexy,

How do you think your fish got hith to start with? ???

02-08-2003, 02:17 PM
Adding vitamins to the water is effective for saltwater fish but not freshwater fish.
Saltwater fish need to ingest water to correct the osmotic imbalance caused by the high salt levels.
Freshwater fish do not ingest water(or very little). As has been stated by the others....put the vitamins in thier food where they'll do the most good.

Tony

April
02-08-2003, 10:57 PM
I also use baby vitamins . liquid tri vi sol.
cary..make sure you dont take all Aarons vitamins.....lol.

brewmaster15
02-08-2003, 11:09 PM
Right on Tony!!! Fresh water fish don't drink. and little of the vitamen would be absorbed by the gills. many vitamens also need oils, to actually be absorbed, so in food is best!

-al

slicksta
02-08-2003, 11:50 PM
.....any body use Vitta-Vita-Vegimin..... ;D
it worked great for Lucy..... :P

RichieE
02-10-2003, 02:30 PM
Ive been soaking pellets in Discus Essential and then dumping the mixture in the tank. I saw ithe idea here a while back. I have not done it religiously so I cant say if its been beneficial. Rich

BlueTurquoise
02-10-2003, 07:21 PM
On that note, I have a blue that has hth scars from a period of sickness in early January (I posted some pics here last week I think).

I have been feeding her tetra bits and live black worms and her head is now nearly completely scar free. I don't supplement vitamines in their diet. When I used to feed beefheart I did add multivitamines and it made no difference (then again they didn't eat much of the beefheart and it probably worstenned their condition by poluting the water more...)

Anyhoo, that's just an observation I made...

Hey Cary, are you saying that all your fish are doing drugs? :o ;D :P

Chong

Flexy
02-11-2003, 12:56 AM
I think live worms are responsible for curing HITH.