PDA

View Full Version : 3rd time for eggs

grrrr8guy
02-11-2003, 12:56 AM
Hi folks

Well today my discus pair put down eggs for the third time in less than 3 weeks.

First on a Thursday then six days later last Wed and then tonight on a Monday.

So that was 6 days then 5 days , a little too soon in between?

My angels are usually 7 to 10 days but have spawned in 5 before.

Last two times they mostly guarded and cleaned the pot for the whole time between spawns.

The last two times though there were not a lot of eggs, this last time about 40.

I tried using a needle point fine screen mesh (much like tropical fish net mesh) but fumbled it and wish I had left it alone now.

I ended up rubbing eggs off and as they fell to the bottom were quickly eaten. just a little activity from the mesh around the eggs was enough to send the eggs flying.

Unless something is wrong the Angel eggs seem much more adhesive to me.

At least I got the conductivity down to 110 so its close to the 100 and under. The p.H has remained constant at 7.5

They are nurting three lonely eggs left on the pot.

The eggs are bronzy gold and with close observation look like they have a speck of pepper in the middle.

Oh well by next week Ill have time to fit the mesh better or I just might let them try without it based on the way they are focused on these few eggs that are left.

Oh well lots of time to learn and get it right.

grrr8guy

wo
02-11-2003, 01:24 PM
Hi grrr8guy,

No, I guess the spawning time would not be too close. I think it means you feed them well. You can get a net like mine in LFS. Or you can find plastic net for gardening use.
Good luck !

grrrr8guy
02-11-2003, 03:55 PM
Thanks WO