PDA

View Full Version : Discus on the radio

RobertHudson
02-13-2003, 04:24 AM
Aqua Botanic and Rocky Mountain Discus are working with the Animal radio network to do a radio show starting in March that will feature discussion of a chronology of a 70 gallon discus planted aquarium from it's beginning set up thru completion over a few months.

This is a syndicated radio show broadcasted on am talk radio stations across the country. Guest speakers will include myself from Aqua Botanic on how to set up the plants, and the owner of Rocky Mountain Discus who will donate wild caught Discus. If you can not find a radio station in your area, you can listen to the live show broadcasted from their WEB site! They will also feature pictures of the tank on their WEB site.

In my forums I am encouraging people to come up with an aquascaping design for the plants. If you have experience with both plants and discus, we may also invite you to be a call in guest speaker at some point!

Everyone here is invited to listen to the show and visit the network WEB site to follow the progress of the tank, and to call in to the show to ask the speakers questions. The goal of this project is to demonstrate to new people how a planted discus aquarium may be accomplished....to broaden the hobby and introduce new people to the hobby!

The show will air on Sunday evenings at 7:30 pm eastern time. The WEB site is

www.animaltalkradio.com

The first show with me will air on March 23rd. You are also welcome in the meantime to join the discussions on my aquascaping forum.

I hope to hear from everyone in this forum! All you need is a computer from anywhere in the world to hear the show!

Best regards

Robert Hudson
www.aquabotanic.com :D

Denny
02-13-2003, 09:33 AM
do you think they will ever overtake click and clack, the tappet brothers? ;D

Ralph
02-13-2003, 10:17 AM
Hi Robert,
It sounds great. Is there a way to find out which local station will carry the show?

The forum that Robert operates is called the All Wet Thumb Community and there are some very knowledgeable people there. Here is the link:

http://aquabotanicwetthumb.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=cfrm&s=4006090712

They have recently updated the forum with a new format.

Thanks for posting the info Robert and welcome to Simply.

brewmaster15
02-13-2003, 10:43 AM
Hi Robert,
Welcome to Simply Discus :), and Thank you very much for posting about this. When I contacted you at your site I hadn't realized that Al Johnson was also involved in this project. I think it sounds like an excellent venture, and I wish you luck in it.

Kudos to Rocky Mountain Discus for donating to the hobby again! and to you for the aquascaping! I'll definetly be following that program!

I look forward to much interactions between our sites, and I will personally be raiding you website for plant information :), and contacting you for plants for my latest Discus endeavors! Thanks again for stopping by and posting about this great project.

take care,
al

RobertHudson
02-13-2003, 03:08 PM
All the stations are listed on their WEB site, but it is also broadcasted live from their WEB site, so anyone can listen to the show by going to their WEB site... I think most people now adays have speakers on their computer and have the capabillity to hear it...if not its time to upgrade your computer! :o