PDA

View Full Version : Discus hatchery & Asian tour

02-14-2003, 04:11 AM
To all, Bing Seto asked me to announce on the board about the annual Aquarama and Asian Hatchery Tour 2003. Here is the itinerary:

There are two shows a week apart . One in Kuala Lumpur
( Discus Society of Malaysia ) and the other in Singapore
( Aquarama )

Departure date from the U.S. will be around May 19th. The first stop will be Bangkok, Thailand for three nights to visit the discus hatcheries, then on to Kuala Lumpur. There the Discus Society of Malaysia is host to a show. The stay in KL will be for three nights, then on to Penang for more hatchery tours. The last stop will be in Singapore for Aquarama. The stay in Singapore will be for three nights and eill return to the U.S.A. on Sunday, June 1st.

Presently, Bing does not know the cost--but this will be announced soon as this is dependant on the number of travelers going. All amenities will be taken care of including airfare. Food is extra.

A Passport is necessary and usually takes six to eight weeks to obtain from any U.S. Post Office. This trip is alot of fun. Many of the travelers will be returnees. You may actually get tired of seeing discus ::) :o-------naaaah!

Please let Bing know of your intentions by emailing him at:
bingseto@discusworld.com Any questions, either He or I can answer do not fail to ask. I can be reached at :
enchanteddiscus@aol.com

Take care, Joe ;)

02-14-2003, 11:14 AM
Joe,
Kuala Lumpur, that's one place that brings back memories and I haven't been there for quite a while now.

02-14-2003, 02:59 PM
Runner, the Twin towers there are breathtaking!!! Joe

02-14-2003, 03:23 PM
Joe,
yep, I agree the Petronas Twin Tower is a sight to see.. It's a pet project of the PM of Malaysia. ;D ;D

fishie
02-15-2003, 10:03 AM
It would be nice to know the date for the tour? Perhaps some of us can join you in KL or Singapore?

02-15-2003, 04:46 PM
Fishie, the dates are above. Joe ;)

02-16-2003, 10:33 PM
Runner, I do not recognize the country your flag represents--a little help? thanks , Joe Feliciano 8)

02-17-2003, 12:20 AM
Joe,
Pls. ignore the flag. I just liked the color and pattern..sorta like buying new discus..lol. 8)
Do you know of any commercial discus breeders in Johore/ Johore Bahru (the mainland malaysian state from S'pore)? I believe there was an operation there a few years ago, not sure if it's still in operations. thanks.

02-17-2003, 04:29 AM
Runner, I believe it has dried up! I will ask Mark. Joe ;)

02-17-2003, 06:18 PM
Thanks Mr. Feliciano, I'm back in my country now. ;D ;D

02-19-2003, 03:49 PM
Sounds like it would be a great trip.........Pics Joe, pics...we want lots of pics when you return...... ;)

Randy