PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Blood Worms - Hikari or SF Bay?

keith_cny
02-16-2003, 04:12 PM
I think I read a post on this in the past and if it has already been addressed then I apologize...but .....

Do the members here have a preference between Hikari and SF Bay BW's? I prefer Hakari just because I have had no bad experiences with them. I also rinse them under hot water before feeding. Is this necessary? Does everyone else rinse.

The reason I ask is I was getting ready to place a good size order for frozen and saw the SF was quite a bit cheaper. But I will not change if there is a chance I will get a lower quality bw.

If there is a difference, does the input apply to the brine shrimp also?

How many weeks/months worth of frozen food is the norm for ordering at one time??

Thanks,

Keith

Aquatic_Design
02-16-2003, 05:24 PM
Hi Keith,
Stick with Hikari BW they are the best. SF Bay BW are :puke:
As far as the BS are concerned SF Bay have more whole shrimp then the others.
HTH
Donna :)

fcdiscus
02-16-2003, 07:09 PM
Hey Keith, I prefer both items by Hikari. I dump the bloodworms in frozen, but I thaw and rinse the Brine Shrimp. HTH. Frank

Don_Lee
02-16-2003, 07:39 PM
I prefer Hikari bloodworms, they are hard to beat in quailty from what I have experienced and heard. I do use some SF brand beefheart and have no complaint with it.

Don ;D

keith_cny
02-16-2003, 10:28 PM
Frank,
Why do you rinse the shrimp? I have been considering rinsing mine but afraid of rinse too many down the drain. I rinse bw's because I thought I was getting water fleas (or something that looked like fleas) from them.

Thanks for the responses,

Keith

fcdiscus
02-17-2003, 12:05 AM
I think I rinse the shrimp more out of habit than anything! Started doing it 40 years ago, and still makes sense to me. Salt and stuff, ya know! You may have a point with the BW, but I am allergic to them and want as little interaction as possible. Frank :D