PDA

View Full Version : anyone know importing procedure from peru to usa,new york

DISCUS USA
02-16-2003, 05:11 PM
i have a friend coming from peru soon and im going to ask if she can bring me some discus from there,but am concerned that they wont let her bring here just by putting fish inside hand bag.need info before request this,dont want fish to die because of customs or whatever other obsticales.what are the requirements to proceed with this. ??? ???

Willie
02-16-2003, 07:33 PM
She needs only to declare that she has live fish at Customs. They may call Game and Wild Life for a visual inspection, or they may just wave her through. There are no issues with discus.

Willie

Dennis_Hardenburge
02-16-2003, 08:52 PM
Willie that may be true for bring in to the USA, but I think coming out of Peru it might be a different matter. I believe you need and export liscense and only a Peruvian can get one.
Dennis

DISCUS USA
02-16-2003, 10:14 PM
export license by peruvian.she is peruvian citizen but she resides in new york,can she apply from united states to peru for this export license and receive in mail here because shes just taking a quick vacation there or does she have to apply in person in peru.i want to know these things ahead of time so i can have everything in order so when she comes back to new york there wont be any problems at airport.i talked to an importer of discus before and he did say you needed export license,but mentioned also something about quarintene paper or something like that please correct me if im wrong.any info is greatly appreciated.

aquatechnics
02-16-2003, 10:45 PM
Hi Hector,

We are importing discus from Peru to Miami, Florida. Yes, your friend will need an export permit from Ministerio de Pesqueria, either she brings the fish in her hand bag or cargo. Where is she getting the discus? In Lima or Iquitos? Just for your information, the quality of discus in Lima is not export quality.

HIH,
Alberto

DISCUS USA
02-16-2003, 11:27 PM
hey aquatechnic,can she apply for export license from united states and have it mailed to her address in new york.or does she have to go to Ministerio De Pesqueria and do everything there,rather do it from here ny and what are requirements,and fees for this export license.and she will be getting from lima depending on what info you have about lima discus.says iquitos is very far from where will be staying. :-\