PDA

View Full Version : Juvi fish in the house

roger
02-16-2003, 09:15 PM
Hello Everyone,

I just got back from a trip to ClearWater to pick up some fish. I went there hoping to find something specific but I had no luck there. I did however strike a good compramise and brought back a bunch of juvi fish. I think tops the fish are 1-1.25" in size.

All told there are atleast 26 fish in the qt tank. Most of them are the pigeons but I did get some "Ocean Greens" as well.

I took a chance on all the fish in hopes that I can get 5 or 6 nice fish out of the entire bunch.

I got a bargin on the pigeons because Brian from ClearWater Discus just had a bumper crop of them. Im hoping to go back over there in a few months to maybe pick up some nice yellows.

If anyone is out looking for fish in the Central Florida area I would recommend looking up Brian. He has some breathtaking adults for sale along with some nice smaller fish common strains and not so common strains.

The flavor of the month is Blue Diamonds which I believe are going for $20

Heres a list of what I can remember him having

Asian Turquoise
Spotted Safron
Blue Diamonds
Red PBs or would that be Red Pandas .. I cant remember
Yellows - some sort of odd name

Here is a pic of the fish that I got, they are tiny and I fully expect to easlily cull about 2/3 of the pigeons as time goes on. In the pic you can see a few of the dirty ones. They ended up coming home with me because there at the end it was just to much work to keep droping those back into the tank.

Also remember Im not a photographer by trade :)

Tyler
02-17-2003, 11:47 AM
Congrats on the new arrivals Roger. Good idea, just go for heavy culling, and a ton of food and water changes, and you could come out with some sweet fish!
Good luck!

Tyler