PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with this plant??

lcs
02-18-2003, 10:49 PM
I'm hoping some of the plant gurus can help me out here. I have several Anubias nana in my rainbow tank that have been in there for about five years! Obviously, they are not looking so hot :-X. Can anyone tell me why they are developing holes and yellowing in the leaves? The tank is at 78F, NH3=0, nitrites=0, nitrates=10ppm, ~2wpg, 30% water change/week, and ~one teaspoon of Kent added per week.

I know I should probably go to Aquabotanic, but I wanted to try here before I went through the image hosting thing.

Thanks!
Lisa

Wahter
02-18-2003, 10:59 PM
Lisa, it looks to me like your algeaeater is scraping them too hard - do you have a pl*co in your tank?

If that's the case (it looks like it to me), you can move the anubias to a less brightly lit area of your tank and get some otocinclus cats - they are more gentle on the plants.

Walter

lcs
02-18-2003, 11:13 PM
Yes, I do have a clown pl*co - had him for...oh...about five years! ::) :P

I didn't think of him because by looking at my tank you would have no idea an algae eater lived there! It looks like he's only been eating the driftwood ::)

You must have ESP on the otos - just picked seven of them up on Sunday and they are going to town! Now all I have to do is figure out what to do with my pl*co - he's never been anywhere else :(. And I don't really have anyplace to put him.....yet ;D :juggle:

Thanks!
Lisa