PDA

View Full Version : Painting tank bottom

alsbeth
02-19-2003, 09:14 AM
Hi, just wondered if there is any advantage to painting the bottom of a BB tank, i know it is to do the sides and back,just wondered about the bottom ,cheers Alsbeth

DarkDiscus
02-19-2003, 10:20 AM
Alsbeth,

I would certainly paint the bottom of the tank as well. Fish seem to prefer SOMETHING on the bottom of the tank. I think maybe it gives them a better perspective when it comes to tracking their food. I think it's less important if the tank is on a solid surface like a table and more important if it's on a stand where the fish can see through the bottom.

John

Fisheyes
02-19-2003, 03:31 PM
;D ;D Has anyone thought of sandblasting or etching the bottom of tanks .Would this not be a better way of show displaying them.
Ken ;) ;)

roger
02-19-2003, 03:38 PM
There are a couple of reasons that I have heard people use as to why they paint the bottom of the tanks.

1. Light color makes the fish lighter. Which makes sense if you let the algae take over on the bottom.

2. Fish that come from a tank with a bottom tend to want to stair at their reflection. All my fish get over that fairly quickly so ...

3. I paint mine for the simple reason that I like it better than see through or plywood :)