PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Wilds?

lkleung007
02-19-2003, 06:33 PM
Hi Gang;

For the members who are keeping Wilds, I was wondering what your typical feeding schedule is like and what types of foods are you all using??

Thanks in advance for the input!! ;)

Regards, Lester

Dennis_Hardenburge
02-19-2003, 07:14 PM
Beefheart
Tetra Bits
Frozen Brine shrimp

Francisco_Borrero
02-19-2003, 07:41 PM
Like Dennis said.
If they are adults, I feed twice a day.
I also use live California blackworms (pm feeding), frozen mysids, and a couple of other pellets on a rotation. Live earthworms when I can (usually 2-3 times/month).
In general, wilds will eat the same as domestics.

Why kind of fish are you trying to feed, and why is there an issue. Do you have fish that refuse to eat ?
Cheers, Francisco.

Ramon Anastacio
02-19-2003, 08:38 PM
Hi Lester,

When I got my wilds from Oliver, I fed them live CBW and frozen bloodworms for the first 2 weeks then slowly introduced other foods. They are now fed color bits or flake when I get up in the morning, frozen mysis before I go out the door and live CBW when I get home at night.

Ramon

roger
02-20-2003, 08:13 AM
The wilds that I have will eat just about anything, some might actually call them pigs. I have had some of them for less than a month and others about 2 months now.

I feed alll my discus atleast 3 times a day.

When I get up in the morning its a round of flake food for everyone
When I get back from work its a round of frozen (blood worms or mysis)
Before I go to bed the pairs get CBW and sometimes the rest do as well. Otherwise everyone gets another round of frozen foods.

lkleung007
02-20-2003, 11:50 AM
Thanks all for the great input!!

I guess a varied diet of Flake, tetrabits, CBW, Hikari BW, and red wigglers should do. I would think it may be a bit more difficult to get Wilds on Beefheart mix though??

Best Regards, Lester

02-20-2003, 12:38 PM
Lester,
Not true my wild heckels love beefheart! ;D
Cary Gld!

Aquatic_Design
02-20-2003, 01:02 PM
Lester,
My wilds eat beefheart better then the others. They are like piranhas. They eat anything that falls in the water.
Donna :)

roger
02-20-2003, 01:46 PM
You could say the wilds are like pigs with fins :)

I havent tried beefheart yet, about the only thing mine dont current wolf down is the mysis shrimp.

02-20-2003, 03:12 PM
Hi Roger,
I do not like the mysis shrimp its way to messy!! :o

Ya! I hate to say it but more then Beefheart if made Right!

Wahter
02-20-2003, 03:41 PM
The wild RSG's I have love beef heart too and both frozen and freezedried bloodworms as well; I haven't tried very hard to convert them to tetra bits nor flakes yet though.

cobalt
02-20-2003, 03:59 PM
live artemia adult