PDA

View Full Version : Educational!

02-20-2003, 03:08 PM
Thank You Tony I agree

02-20-2003, 03:27 PM
OK.... goin out on a limb here and agree....

I'll volunteer to stand guard at the door. All guns, knives, box cutters, and hidden agenda's checked upon entering and returned only upon departure.... :P

fcdiscus
02-20-2003, 03:34 PM
Gee- It will take another breeder with Ba__s as big as yours to do that! Frank :-\

Jason
02-20-2003, 03:35 PM
I'm trying to put a little buying guide together with input from the more experienced members.

so newbies can avoid the pitfalls and con-artists, y'know the discus equivelant of a used buick salesman or worse a new Kia salesman!

feel free to add too it guys/gals
http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=21;action=display;threadid=5705

02-20-2003, 04:09 PM
Frank, Why should anyone have anything to hide? ;D ;D

Everyone knows Cary has great fish all of the positive reviews we hear and the photos from happy hobbyist speak volumes. Its not bragging or big balls when you back it up!!!

I cherish your values my brother from another. You have raised the bar so high some of these guys will never reach it. But hay they can just sit back and be jealous. ;D ;D

If you want this to be educational.... we need to look at people that have repeated issues.

Mike

brewmaster15
02-20-2003, 04:37 PM
I thought it was a great Idea Cary, and if any breeder wants to step up to the plate I think we could learn alot. But there are a lot of potential problems.

Honestly though, that post where you did it showed me that theres a really big fault with the idea. Photographic skill and the care the fish get after they leave the breeders care can really misrepresent the quality of the breeders stock.

I've even had a case recently where a breeder asked me to not allow people selling fish that came from them to label it as so and so stock .Because , and I agree 100% with them, they have no control over what happened after the fish left their hatchery.

I think in fairness to everyone , it may not be the best idea., and I am very glad that except for a few pics in that thread, you were not harmed by it. I feel very badly that I put you thru it, and I am sorry I did. It could have been a very bad idea on my part. I was actually thinking of removing that whole post..I'll leave that as your call though.

Generally I think much can be told by how happy people are about the fish they received. Other than that things can be very gray , and not at all black and white, as this post showed...

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=7115

take care,
al

02-20-2003, 06:02 PM
Thank You Tony I agree

oodi
02-20-2003, 06:10 PM
Cary,

My thoughts exactly!!!

Judi
:)

Rick00
02-20-2003, 06:55 PM
Good Point Cary....I don't think it's fair for only Cary's fish to be exploited and made example of..

Let's see some of the other breeders fish...

We all know that once the fish leaves the breeders tanks it's up to us how we raise and take care of them...and some take better care then others....

Let the people vote.....

Rick

brewmaster15
02-20-2003, 08:26 PM
Cary agreed to do that post off the boards. I did not put him on the spot publically as he seeks to do other breeders here. The deal was the breeder was to volunteer.

You want to vote, be my guest. I will unlock the poll.

-al

02-20-2003, 09:19 PM
Thank You Tony I agree

02-20-2003, 09:40 PM
Are you calling me out? Trying to put me on the spot he he he

I don't care ;D

Your friend to the end

Mike

fcdiscus
02-20-2003, 09:46 PM
I have a few of your fish Mike! But according to Heps, I may not know how to care for them! Want me to post? Frank ;)

02-20-2003, 09:49 PM
Sure Frank love to see them... Those free ones you got by mistake too..

Mike

SLY
02-20-2003, 10:04 PM
I dunno but I think if the breeders have nothing to hide..he or she will not reject it..after all it's for educational purposes to new hobbyists and old one like me that still has plenty to learn..I hope the admins and the mods here don't get too paranoid about it. If the breeder refused to do it..it's fine. You don't have that many Carys around here right? ;D

fcdiscus
02-20-2003, 10:05 PM
I don't know about those mike, you might want them back! ;D

02-20-2003, 10:36 PM
Not a bad Idea about the pole...BUT....The breeders on that pole should have been consulted BEFORE you put thier names on it IMO. Not everyone would (regardless of if they have "something to hide" or not)....want Simply discus to crawl up thier butt with a microscope....If you know what I mean.
Im not refering to any of the breeders listed, or any one breeder at all.
But say....Breeder "X" who sells quality....has good customer service...yadda yadda yadda....has his name thrown up there, and is picked to be the spotlighted breeder. Breeder "X" is contacted, but just doesnt want to be highlighted...or IN the spotlight. So he declines.....The first thing 90% of the people here are going to say is...Oh! I wonder what HE has to hide????
Is it fair to put someone on the spot like that??
Was it fair to Cary?? I dunno....I dont know the details behind what happened. But it happened...its done...its over. Cary...You dont sound as though you think what happened, or the way it happened was fair. Why put someone else in the same position?

Just my opinion....have at er'

Tony

02-20-2003, 10:58 PM
Thank You Tony I agree

Cary Gld!

SLY
02-20-2003, 11:28 PM
like I said before that's only 1 CARY. ;)

pissydiscus
02-21-2003, 01:10 AM
So confused ....