PDA

View Full Version : Who Has better quality

BLUEKNIGHT
02-22-2003, 01:42 PM
Hellow everyone
I have been surfing the net looking for white butterflys and i noticed that the breeders in the united states have better white butterflys and southeastasain breeders.

flogger426
02-22-2003, 02:57 PM
cary,

why can't he ask a question like that? the guy needs info. are you afraid he'll offend someone? why?

flogger

Ralph
02-22-2003, 03:04 PM
It's OK to ask questions.
There is a history of problems here though with the questions on or about breeders. Things get heated and misunderstandings have occurred.

As long as we stay on the subject and discuss things respectfully, there are no banned subjects, just banned people.

flogger426
02-22-2003, 03:05 PM
thanks ralph!

flogger426
02-22-2003, 03:23 PM
blue knight,

don't know much about this strain and have never seen one in person. "discus dream" web site has pictures of this fish that look real nice. of course that doesn't mean the fish you get will look like the picture!

flogger

Ralph
02-22-2003, 03:37 PM
I've purchased from Mike myself and he has a good reputation here.

But breeders everywhere are going to post pictures of their better fish and I wouldn't expect anything different. We can't really expect them to show their worst fish, that would be a bad marketing move in my opinion.

And buying younger fish is always a risk, there is no guarantee that the young will look exactly like their parents, even with established lines.

The only way to be sure is to see the fish in person and only buy adults. And luckily we have that option.

Don_Lee
02-22-2003, 04:29 PM
A perfectly acceptable question. I would say that pics do not always indicate the real fish that are for sale, and I have seen several nice white fish from both Jeff at DiscusFarm, Cary, and Daryl. I also understand Joe and Mike have them, and would bet many breeders carry them. Unless you see them in person, do not believe in the quality absolutely.

Don ;D

BLUEKNIGHT
02-22-2003, 05:47 PM
HI Don
I agree with you on that the pics are always messed up. but i have seen good pics and the fish from the US breeders are much more clear. I think the reason for that is that many southeastasian breeders concentrate more on the snow whites.

02-23-2003, 12:11 AM
I've gotten some just by going to my local breeder (US Discus) that were very nice and only $9 a piece. They were only 1.5", so it was tough to tell how there were going to turn out, but I've been really pleased. They range now from almost all white with a little orange in the fins to some nice orange spots and striations. I couldn't be happier. They've grown like weeds, still are, and have great body shape. Give him a call and see what he has at www.usdiscus.com

Of course, you can't go wrong with most all of the residential breeders here, so just see who has them.

BLUEKNIGHT
02-23-2003, 01:16 AM
Hi Seadiscus
I know tim and i have gotten fish from him. I was real happy with them. I know people who have them and have gotten some from them.

02-23-2003, 01:32 AM
Blue,
Yes, Tim is a very nice guy and has really great Bonzai trees as well! Fortunately, I live only 20 minutes from him so when I've gotten fish from him I've gone there myself and handpicked them out. He usually has some special deals going on and I take advantage of those. Great way to get awesome fish for no money.

02-25-2003, 11:06 PM
I just ordered a Jack Wattley Snowflake that is absolutely perfect in every way. It is pure white with no stripes, lines, or markings of any kind. It is the cleanest fish I have ever seen, and it looks JUST like the picture in his ad in TFH. If a pure white is what you're looking for, and you're willing to spend a little extra then I would recommend him too you for sure.
Rob

BLUEKNIGHT
02-25-2003, 11:37 PM
Hi Rob
I know about the snow whites but the white butterfly demands a higher price then the snow white. This fish is shiny white.