PDA

View Full Version : Rose Red x Red Snake ; Red Royal Blue.... Please?

bikhu
02-23-2003, 11:02 PM
HI Everyone ...

Well I have meade the plunge and ordered from the illustrious Cary Strong and I am so excited to receive my new fish. My problem is that I wont be able to accept delivery until Saturday :'(. Now patience may be one of the best virtues but it certainly is not one of my strongest so this is where you guys and gals come in. Could someone please post some pics of Red Royal Blue (domestic) and Rose Red x Red snakeskin or the components? Various sizes / ages would be cool although I am expecting 2.5 inch.
Tanks everyone!
peter
p.s. Cary don't be afraid if they are larger!!!!! And by the way ... why do people keep telling me that you sometimes can't count too well?

02-23-2003, 11:22 PM
Cary's counting system is a little weird....

If you pay for 10 fish you get 11 or 12. I think his vision is a little off, either that or he likes playing toss and catch with the fish and the shipping bags a lot.

BLUEKNIGHT
02-24-2003, 12:47 AM
Hey peter. Cary is known for his eye problem and also i heard he failed math. ;D

Kagan
02-24-2003, 04:47 AM
hmmm. Guys please clone Cary and send the new one over here?? We need someone like him here. lol ;D ;D :P

Kagan

paulmat
02-24-2003, 05:26 AM
It's the fishes fault. They get real close together and it's one of them optical illusions, they appear to be on thick fish ;D lol

Paul :guitarist:

bikhu
02-24-2003, 09:44 AM
I don't know anything about any of that but I do know that up to this point Cary has been a real pleasure to speak to. He has really been helpful to me as a newbie. He shares information with an obvious passion for Discus. At no time has he spoken down to me or made me feel even half as stupid as I am! :P I am only expecting the fish that I paid for and no more. The pre-order service has been priceless. But I would stilll love to see some pics... some one must have some.... please?
Thanks
By the way... Cary... I already sent the check you don't have to keep signing in under false names to convince me! ;)

chirohorn
02-24-2003, 01:59 PM
You might have seen this before, it's a Super Red Royal Blue from Cary's site:

MGR
02-25-2003, 12:54 AM
Hello nice fish can you post the site were you bought them.

Thanks

Lynn
02-25-2003, 01:48 AM
MGR,

www.greatlakesdiscus.com

the banner at the top of the page

bikhu
02-25-2003, 07:19 PM
Beautiful fish!!!!! I am drooling with envy! :o

How big is it now? How big when you got it and how long ago did you receive them?

Thanks for posting the pic!
Peter

Diceman
03-01-2003, 09:18 PM
Got any pictures of those red royal blues yet?

bikhu
03-02-2003, 02:25 PM
Just the picture above but i did get something better.....
My fish arrived yesterday from GLD. WOW am I impressed. The service the fish everything. I wish I had a camera to show what great specimens they are but unfortunately I don't. I have never seen fry as round as these guys! I wound up receiving 2 Red Royal Blues, 2 Red Diamn\onds, 1 Red Royal and a Red Leopard Snakeskin. They are eating like crazy and are not at all skiddish. Knowing that I am new to Discus and after many phone calls Cary really hooked me up. I could not be more pleased The fish arrived from Michigan to Massachusetts overnight and at 9:00 AM sharp (thank You Fed Ex). I can not praise Cary Strong enough! ;D ;D ;D ;D