PDA

View Full Version : Aquarium Societies

thebaglady
03-01-2003, 02:33 PM
Just curious to see how many people who post are members of local aquarium societies and what have their experiences been like.

For myself, I've been a member of MAS (the Minnesota Aquarium Society) for over 10 years now. Access to healthy fish and socializing with other fish nuts has been very enjoyable.

In 1993 we hosted the ACA convention which was a lot of work, but great fun. I still have one fish alive that I got as a fry at the auction!!

I'm really looking forward to being a discus owner and appreciate this forum. It's wonderful to know there's so many people out there in cyber land who are so dedicated to this particular fish. Even if you don't have a local society or club, you get a sense of belonging anyway..... :D

Francisco_Borrero
03-01-2003, 08:47 PM
Aquarium Societies are wondeful. I am in the board of directors of the Boston Aquarium Society, and am currently in the process of passing along to someone else the duties of membeship chair, as I am moving to Cincinnati. I plan on being active in a society at my new home, and encourage any and all to do so, even if they don't find many discus nuts there.
Cheers, Francisco.

thebaglady
03-01-2003, 09:09 PM
Hi Francisco, Maybe we'll meet up. I'm thinking about this heist thing at the ACA convention (in Cincinnati) real seriously. Oppps. Mums the word about the heist.... :-X

Besides MAS, we have a killie affiliate club, MKKA and now our (fairly) new, Midwest discus club. I was a bit scared to get into discus, but not as much anymore. It's nice to have supportive friends around ya. (Especially when your spouse looks at you like this >:( when you come home from an auction!!!!!)