PDA

View Full Version : AquaBotanic Aquascaping Contest

ChloroPhil
03-01-2003, 05:09 PM
Hey folks,

I just wanted to let y'all know that AquaBotanic is sponsoring an aquascaping contest. The deadline is May 1st and entries can be one of two categories: Limited or Unlimited.

The limited category means you've chosen plants from a list of selected species and have only those in your aquarium. The list was specifically designed to be user friendly as the original goal was to make this as accessable to those with less experience or means of purchasing high dollar equipment.

The Unlimited category is just that. There are no limits on plant selection or equipment.

The only catch is all entries must be planted to some degree, if only a small bit.

Please participate, this is my baby and I'd like to see it do well. There's a large "younger" crowd on AB and this competition was intended to be accessable for the less experienced who may not feel up to participating in contests like the AGA or ADA annuals. Entry is free and tanks of all types are welcome. This is a great way to let the world see your pride and joy. It's time to show off what SimplyDiscus can do!

http://aquabotanicwetthumb.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=4006090712&f=9506090712&m=8436099522

Ralph
03-01-2003, 05:39 PM
If it is not being judged for photographic skills, I'll be entering.

Do all the entries get posted? Never mind, I'll just go read the link.

Thanks for letting us know about this, Phil.

ChloroPhil
03-02-2003, 09:08 AM
No, the pictures aren't judged on photographic skill. A bad picture will like influence the score if the judges aren't able to get a good idea of what your aquarium's like though. Photography isn't a factor in scoring, I made sure of that..:)

Yes, your photos will very likely be posted on the internet and/or used in the AB email newsletter.

brewmaster15
03-02-2003, 05:11 PM
Sounds Great!

My experimental tank will be getting some new plants planted today courtesy of my friend Francisco. he even gave me some unused flourite for my substrate. ... I might have a halfway decent tank by then!

Thanks for the info!

-al