PDA

View Full Version : Normal keeping or breeding??

Flexy
03-02-2003, 07:52 PM
Question for everybody!!! How many of you just keep discus and how many breed them?? I am asking this question, because I love discus, I have enought time to keep them, but I am afraid I want have time to breed time. It's something that I would love to try. Right now I have 4 discus about 8-9 month old. If they start laying eggs, should I just leave it or what?? I don't think I have enought time to breed. Thanks a lot.

korbi_doc
03-02-2003, 08:26 PM
:bounce: :bounce: Hi Flexy, Normally I have a busy veterinary practice & when I started with discus a year & a half ago, promised myself that I would not get into breeding cuz I also ride & show horses & am expecting 2 foals this year. Right now I'm having difficulty recovering from bilateral total knee replacements, & I want to ride again, so I guess there won't be any discus breeding here. 'Course my 2 red SSs are breeding regularly & have had freeswimmers twice in a community tank; but I refuse to give them tank room cuz what would I do with no time to raise them? lol, Dottie

Carol_Roberts
03-02-2003, 11:05 PM
Hi Flexy:

I don't have the market, time, or space to breed lots of discus. So I've decided to just raise a batch here and there - two or three times a year. That way it is fun and manageable.

Dottie:
I'm sorry to hear you are not recovering as fast as hoped. But two knees all at once - ouch. I don't see how you were able to get around at all the first several weeks.