PDA

View Full Version : Name that fish...

spartyblaze
03-06-2003, 06:23 PM
Hey guys, this is my virgin experience posting pics of my fish on simply discus - and I wanted to see if anybody has an idea of the exact type he is. I purchased him froma hatchery - Wet Thumb Aquatics in New Baltimore, MI (www.wetthumbaquatics.com). They had the guy labeled as a 'Royal Blue' but I'm not 100% sure if that was right. Also, let me know what you think - I've got a teflon personna, so let 'er rip.

BTW, any cichlid lovers in the vicinity should try to make a cruise out and check the place out - it's a hatchery that specializes mostly in mail order and food sales, but they have an awesome (and cheap) selection of fish. The guy told me that they don't breed their own discus anymore, rather get them from a friend (whatever that means)

Anybody who loves to purchase fry and grow them out, this is the place to go. They have an awesome selection of compressiceps and quite a few tropheus varieties too. All in different sizes form 3/4" to Breeding pairs of Angels.

Here goes....

03-06-2003, 08:34 PM
Royal Blue is probably right. Most likely a variation of the Red Turquoise strain. It's far too early to tell at this stage.