PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa, Oklahoma

Mr.Trips
03-06-2003, 08:54 PM
Is there anyone that does Discus in or around Tulsa Oklahoma?

Mr.Trips
03-08-2003, 04:38 PM
Oh no this is sad, no discus people in Oklahoma! :-[

sumptnfshy
03-24-2003, 06:52 PM
Mr.Trips,
I know the difficulty in finding discus ppl/breeders in Oklahoma. The only breeder I've found in the state is located in Chocktaw about 20 minutes east of okc. They have a website(www.oklahomadiscus.com) they arent a large breeder but I like being able to go look at my fish before I purchase. they also breed angels. hope this is what you were looking for. ;D

Mr.Trips
03-24-2003, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the reply! I have been down to LS Discus, in Ok City, and bought some fish off of Liz. The next choice for me is basically Dallas.

There is a place in Tulsa, called Tulsa Aquatics, he imports his, but he wont tell me where from. This last batch he got in of 60 discus, came in with a temp of 71 degrees! I dont think I will buy from that batch!

So my only choice is basically online, and I have placed my first order with a seller down south. I will let you know of my results!

FISHY
04-01-2003, 03:20 PM
My husband and I live in Coweta, OK. I haven't found anyone in Tulsa with good Discus. We buy our cichlids from Tulsa Aquatics but are just now getting into the Discus. If you have any luck with the mail order, let me know who you ordered them from. We are kinda risky on mail orders of live fish. Let me know.

sumptnfshy
04-01-2003, 05:22 PM
I have not had any personal experience with mailorder however there are many peopole who have that use these fourms. Go to the general topic forum and post a question on mailorder reliability and ask for personal experiences.You should get plenty of good info so that you can make an informed decision on mailorder. Most will recommend it provided that the breeder/ supplier is a quality one. :D

Mr.Trips
04-01-2003, 05:42 PM
Hi Fishy, Ive sent you an email!

12-22-2003, 06:04 PM
I just recently moved to Tulsa and am looking for people who love these fish as much as myself. We need a club set up to show off our discus and discuss things. Tulsa Aquatics-nice people but not impressed with their discus. I had mine shipped from Wattley and am very impressed with the quality and service from Gabe at Wattley.

Texas44k
04-17-2013, 10:32 PM
Russell downtown at Tulsa aquatics has started keeping a few smaller discus. I recently purchased a blue snakeskin that is doing great!

John_Nicholson
04-17-2013, 10:34 PM
A 10 year old thread?

-john