PDA

View Full Version : Day 7, and all looks good

Tyler
03-07-2003, 06:00 PM
Fry are at Day 7 free swimming (around 50 fry, removed female and left male), and are defintely going after the live BBS. Problem is, i could probably only do around 4 live brine feedings a day, but i could add in several frozen feedings.....is this a good idea??? Oh, and their stomachs are starting to turn pink, that's an effect from the BBS, right??? If so...everything is lookin' good!

Tyler

p.s. The new BD in the tank next to them are spawing as we speak.....Geez, this house is going to be packed with fry!

03-07-2003, 06:23 PM
Tyler, 4 feeding a day are fine, a long as dad is in the tank. I would stay away from the frozen food afew more days as it will only polute the tank at this stage...Yeah the pink you see is the BBS that they have eaten.......At this stage just make sure the tank and water is a clean as you can make it.......
Good luck on the BD's

Randy

Tyler
03-07-2003, 06:29 PM
Clean water, huh??? Ok, you got it....two daily 50% water changes comin right up....... ;D

Tyler

03-07-2003, 06:38 PM
Tyler, just make sure the temp. and the rest of the water parms. are the same as the tank water. Don't forget to wipe down the sides and botton of the tank at least every day or two.
Have you told your mom that you are going to need more tanks yet...LOL

Randy

Tyler
03-07-2003, 06:59 PM
Yep np on the w/cs......oh, and my birthday is coming quick......guess ill be asking for another tank! lol

Tyler

03-07-2003, 09:47 PM
Tyler, I will always remember your birthday, it is the same day as my daughters........ ;D ;D

Randy

Tyler
03-07-2003, 11:30 PM
Yep, that should make it pretty easy!!! Oh, and an update on the BD....parents are guarding and i just added some Maroxy, keeping my fingers crossed :)

Tyler

keith_cny
03-08-2003, 01:47 PM
Tyler,
Great job. Post some pics when you can. Looks like a discus meeting at Tylers house coming up soon. Hope your parents don't mind!! lol!

Good luck the BD's..Where did you get the parents??

Keith

Tyler
03-08-2003, 03:38 PM
Thanks Keith :) ,
My camera isn't that great, so the fry aren't coming out very clear. Once i can get a good pic I'll be sure to post them.
Meanwhile, the BD eggs look fertilized and the parents are guarding...so im keeping my fingers crossed....Oh, and they are from Cary @ Great Lakes Discus, beautiful pair.

Tyler

Carol_Roberts
03-08-2003, 04:22 PM
Boy, it didn't take those blue diamonds long to get back to work did it? How long have you had them - a week? They sure are pretty! Good thing you're gettting more tanks for all the grow out!

Tyler
03-08-2003, 04:28 PM
Thanks Carol,
Yeah, they layed on only their 6th day here....and only their 3rd day in their own tank! Looks like I'll be needing some more 55s ;D

Tyler

keith_cny
03-08-2003, 05:20 PM
Tyler,
Thos e2 BD's look great Congrats again. Glad to hear their from Cary too!

Keith

njdiscus
03-08-2003, 11:47 PM
Tyler,

How big are those BDs? Are they the ones you got recently during the snow storm?

Mark

Tyler
03-09-2003, 11:08 AM
Thanks Keith :)

Mark,
The BD came last saturday.....don't think there was any snow then, but not sure.... They are a very decent size, i would say around 6" (although I haven't checked, just a guess).

Tyler