PDA

View Full Version : Comments on "Discusfarm.us"

03-11-2003, 10:01 PM
Hi,

i had the opportunity to visit Jeff and his brother Jason this past weekend and would like to share my experience.

TANKS:

Spotless- from the inside and out.

Most of them are painted light colors.

Not a very big set up, but plenty enough.

PAIRS:

Jeff and Jason keep few pairs, but the way i understand they import for the most part.

Parents are large in size.

Each pair is kept in a 40 gal tank with a Hydro sponge V.

I didn't see any fry, because the males need bit more times to mature.

FILTRATION:

Hydro Sponges driven by nice large blower.

Very good aeration.

Water is crystal clear.

Water is stored and heated for 24 hrs.

WATER PARAMETERS:

Growout: pH 7.7 ms 770
Pairs: pH 7.0-7.2 ms 115
temp 86F

MAINTENANCE:

75 % water change a day
Manual wc no drip

Squeeze sponges every day
Wipe sides every day.

FOODS:

Well, Jeff said that he feeds everything- CBW, Hikari Bloodworms, Beefheart, Ocean Nutrition.
He did mention that some of his pairs like flake alot.

The frequency of feedings i am not sure, but sould be three/four times per day.

OVERALL:

Very clean place

Quality is very high.

Next i will show you some of the fish that i got from Jeff and Jason.

Thanks

alex

03-11-2003, 10:03 PM
I really liked the Shooting Stars.

Jeff explained to me that they are the same as Leopard Snakeskins.

RAWesolowski
03-11-2003, 10:04 PM
Alex,

You should like Jeff's fish. Mine have grown out well. The 2.5" fish are now 5.5" to 4" after 5 months. No fatalities are very nice shapes.

03-11-2003, 10:15 PM
Some more......

03-11-2003, 10:18 PM
Well,

this is the last pic.

Hope you like them.

Thanks to Jeff for providing this great fish.

alex

Miles
03-11-2003, 10:32 PM
Alex,
It looks like Jeff and Jason have been busy. It seems that I need to go back down for a visit. they have some very nice fish indeed.

Miles

brewmaster15
03-12-2003, 12:50 AM
Hi Alex,
Thanks for sharing your observations :) I'm planning on ordering some of Jeff's fish in the very near future. Right Now the only thing that is holding me up on it is convincing my wife that we don't need to have a couch in the living room... tanks are far more functional! :)
take care,
al

aquatechnics
03-12-2003, 01:15 AM
Very nice discus, Alex !!!

Way to go Jeff!!!! :thumbsup:

Do you have leopards ss 2" available???

:)
Alberto

Carol_Roberts
03-12-2003, 02:32 AM
:o Jeff is selling those snakeskins and not keeping them for himself?

Jeff
03-12-2003, 02:54 AM
Alex,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I strive hard to please every customer and your feedback helps my reputation.

I feed 6-7 times daily for juvies and 2-3 times for adults. Now I understand why you were asking all those questions. I'm very happy you like your new fish.

You said they were cleaning a cone already? Any spawn?

Come back anytime. 8)

Alberto,

I have some on the way. ::)

03-12-2003, 03:20 AM
Hi everyone,

this is day four since i got them and things are looking great.

In the beginning they were a bit timid, but after 75 % water changes once or twice a day they really came out.

Now there is lots of pecking going on and some of the fish stare at the PVS and clean from time to time.

I think that pictures don't do them justice at all.

These fish are enormous. I really like the eye-round and small.

I am really proud to own such discus. I can assure that they are getting royal treatment all the way. 8)

This was my first time visiting a professional discus breeder and i think it helps alot to actually go and see for yourself how things work.

Unfortunately, i fell in love with Jeff's super angel blue diamonds, but due to financial restrictions could not afford them.

Now i have some angel kois that i am raising and hopefully once i sell them i can save some.

Anyway,

for those who live in Cal. you are lucky to have Jeff there.

I believe Nathan is also having great success with his shooting stars.

He told me he has two mated pairs already. His males are not mature yet so no fry i guess.

Take care everyone

alex

03-12-2003, 04:08 AM
Awesome Fish. :thumbsup:

Ronald

DarkDiscus
03-12-2003, 09:45 AM
Alex,

Thanks for the information! Also, what size are the fish you received? Nice shape on them!

John

Francisco_Borrero
03-12-2003, 10:11 AM
Beautiful fish Alex, Jeff & Jason !!
Thanks for sharing. Cheers, Francisco.

Jason
03-12-2003, 12:17 PM
Jeff good to hear......I knew you weren't a crook :PLOL!

Wahter
03-12-2003, 01:11 PM
Nice pics. thanks for the post! :)

paulmat
03-12-2003, 01:18 PM
I have been to Jeff's many times now and I agree that he's one of the good guy's out there,he goes beyond the expected an norm.
A few weeks ago I neede some Hyde and couldn't find any locally,I called Jeff,and he said he had some.The problem was I had to work that night and didn't have the time to drive the hour and a half to his place,so he told me he would meet me 1/2 way and bring me the Hyde(and 3 lbs. of CBW's that I was also out of)
Thats going the extra mile (or more like 50)
O.K. one more,I bought some Shooting stars from him and a couple of months later I mentioned one had died,not wanting anything from him and he insisted that I take another,it was a month or two later that I recieved a nearly full grown brother of the one I lost,It is a gorgeous fish and he did not have to do it.
Hows that for customer service ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Besides fish Jeff also sells CBW's,frozen foods,and some equipment all at great prices
Disclaimer: *I was not paid for this endorsement* ;D

Thanks Jeff

Paul :guitarist:

jim_shedden
03-12-2003, 02:26 PM
:thumbsup:

joyofdiscus
03-12-2003, 04:44 PM
hello,
just wanted to say thanks to jeff for the titanium heaters i got from him. jeff a great guys and very nice to do business with. all my emails were answer, so that was nice. i ordered 5 heaters from jeff and i asked for free shipping. jeff agree, and within a week i received the package.

From searching around the internet, I found that jeff has the cheapest via aqua titanium heaters around. i would recommand buying from jeff if anyones here decided to switch to titanium heaters.

I plan to order some discus from jeff, once the weather get warmer, since i keep my discus in my garage.

thanks jeff,

hank

Nathan_T
03-18-2003, 12:35 AM
I have been to Jeff's several times over the past 6 weeks or so and I have to say, Jeff is a stand up all around great guy and has some incredibly nice fish. I've purchased over 30 in the last few weeks and will certainly be buying more in the future. You can see them here:

http://www.mtnviewangels.com/discus_gallery.htm

Jeff has even taken time out of his day to sit down with me and talk, watch the Discus and their behaviors in his office.

When I first purchased my Discus from him I feared something was wrong with them and within 24 hours he drove to me to see the fish. Turns out everything was fine but what more can you ask for???

I highly recommend Jeff and Discusfarm.us! You can't go wrong!

Nathan

Nathan_T
03-18-2003, 12:43 AM
Also check these threads out:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=7709

http://daah.info/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=1407;sta rt=0

http://daah.info/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=1192;sta rt=0

http://daah.info/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=1291;sta rt=0

Nathan

CARY_GLdiscus
03-18-2003, 03:01 AM
Good Job Jeff! ;)

Mat
03-18-2003, 03:47 PM
Nice fish nice tank how about doing them justice and adding some substrate wood etc ?