PDA

View Full Version : wilds or domestic

henryD
03-17-2003, 11:46 AM
I am at a crossroad at the moment.....

I have 2 tanks to fill and have been torn between going wild or some of the domestic stuff.

Does anyone have an opinion one way or the other?

I would love to hear from people who have kept both or currently do.

DarkDiscus
03-17-2003, 12:20 PM
I bought domestic as my first discus and really enjoyed them. I personally like the wild discus strains best, but I think some of the nicest fish I have seen have been wild domestic crosses. As long as you buy quality fish, you can't really go wrong with either!

John

mench
03-17-2003, 04:34 PM
Wild-domestic???? Domestic or wilds??? I really see no problem here....BUY SOME OF EACH ;D ;D
I have both and like them both.So get a few of each and you decide....
ENJOY...

Mench

lkleung007
03-17-2003, 04:45 PM
Hi,

I have to agree with John and Mench, both Wilds and Domestics are unique and beautiful in their "own" way. Just make sure you buy from a reliable source and trust your dealer.

HTH, Lester

03-17-2003, 05:01 PM
Show tank with plants, driftwood, wet/dry and substrate. no breeding - Wild discus.

BB tanks and have breeding in mind- Domestic discus.

Jimmy.

brewmaster15
03-17-2003, 05:07 PM
Both....

I know many make a distinction between the two as far as care, etc. For me ... They are the same. Beautiful, graceful fish. Often I keep them in the same tank.. especially when I want to cross them.

Some of my favorites are crosses as well between the two.

-al

henryD
03-17-2003, 06:02 PM
Well I got the go ahead from the wife today.

We are making a trip down the northeast with the final destination in New York.

I will make a longer trip in April with the final destination probably being VA.

So if anyone is along the route and have any fish for sale let me know.

I am probably going to see Dave and pick up some of his wilds. Hopefully he will still have the RSG and the Royal blues.