PDA

View Full Version : Breeding Leopards?

brewmaster15
03-24-2003, 12:42 PM
Any hobbyists out there have any Success breeding Spotted Leopards. I never see any fry on the boards, and a while back seems everyone was getting spotted Leopards as Juvs...

I'd love to see some pics of the adults with fry on their back and maybe some juvs at different times as the develope their spots.

Any body have any they can share?

Thanks,
al

Discusgeo
03-24-2003, 09:50 PM
Al I don't have the Spotted Leopards but I have the Leopard Snakes that I just imported from Mr. Chai of Chai Discus Farms in Singapore along with his Super Red Melons. Once I get the digital Camera back from my brother I will post a few pictures. By the way they made the trip in excellant condition. Mr. Chai so far has had the best bagging equipment I seen. The bags did not use any rubber bands. They were heat sealed in 2 pots some way I havent seen before with the air filled bag still full. After getting them settled in they are eating just fine and come to the front of the tank when I enter the room. I do have a proven pair of Oriental Leopards that I got from Ray Kosaka that have produced wigglers 1 time this year but they ate them. I am trying to get them to spawn again.

gary1218
03-24-2003, 09:54 PM
Pictures George, where are the pictures ;D

I'm VERY eager to see pics from this breeder. He's got some great looking discus on his web site.

How did you go about importing them? Do you have an importer's license?

GARY

Discusgeo
03-25-2003, 07:21 AM
Gary you don't need an importers License if the Discus are for your own use. But if you plan on reselling Discus as a business then you do need a license. I will get the pictures up once I get the digital camera back from my brother. The Discus are very nice, it was about a 3-4 week process of getting them from the time Mr. Chai recieved payment and him being able to get them on the plane. It took about a week from the time I wired the money to the time the bank released it to him. He was very easy to work with and didn't require the $3000 Singapore dollar minmum order. Once the Discus get older and they turn out as nice as I think they will then next year I will do it again. I did order 20 Discus from him.
George

gary1218
03-25-2003, 08:09 AM
GREAT, thanks for the info George.

GARY

brewmaster15
03-25-2003, 09:00 AM
Thanks George! :)

any one else? There were so many of these fish being sold... theres got to be some breeding by now. C'mon people --don't be shy! :)

-al

April
03-25-2003, 11:34 AM
Mine tried.....i had up to wigglers. they werent the best parents.. took forever to get it right. then....i moved and had water problems with new pipes....and they all never made it. wilds did fine...other fish were ok..but the leopards all crashed and burned. so....since then....ive sworn off spots.

JeffreyRichard
03-25-2003, 04:58 PM
Al, Mike Misuraco out of St. Louis has been spawning Leopards and Leopard Snakeskins. I purchased a breeding pair of LSS from him several month's ago. I haven't got any fry yet ... still hoping.

I had a pair of Leopards that came from some fry from Mike Wells. I got one successful spawn out of 2-3 dozen spawns ... and lost all the fry last summer. I have since lost one of the fish (the male I think) and I've been trying to pair up the female with a wild Green.

Jeff

John_Nicholson
03-25-2003, 06:36 PM
Here is a fish that I got from Anand.

-john

discusman69
03-25-2003, 07:52 PM
Here is my Leopard pair. All spawns only have reached wiggler stage so far but then eaten back by the parents. Hope on day I would get some babies out of them.

Bin

DavidH
03-26-2003, 12:28 AM
young'uns

DavidH
03-26-2003, 12:29 AM
no breeding here Al, just little ones.

JeffreyRichard
04-14-2003, 02:15 PM
Anyone else Breeding Leopards? I'm looking for the domestic fry ...

Jeff

CliffsDiscus
04-15-2003, 12:15 PM
I have about 10 batches of those Fireworks Discus that are pan raise. They are around 2 1/2 months old with not color.

Cliff

goldengatediscus
04-23-2003, 02:02 AM
Just to let you know that I picked up 5 quarter sized locally bred Singapore Fireworks from Cliff last week. They're settling in, so no pics yet. He does a lot of artificial raising, and is quite successful at it. I saw many bowls with fry at various stages of development.
Brigitte

troy
05-06-2003, 06:23 PM
Good to read some stories of lepoard discus
I have a couple of young ones in my tank that i hope to breed at some stage, anyone got any more stories of beeding and raising discus.

Troy

DISCUSDADDYSLC
05-06-2003, 08:31 PM
they laid in the community and pulled a batch and had wigglee's. Then put them downstairs and they act like it's a punishment hide under sponge and go crazy when you go in the room? this is going on for a while now?

troy
05-07-2003, 08:16 PM
Hi Discusdaddyslc

Good her you got some fry, How old are they?
Are both you parents lepoards?
I have two tanks of fish , one tank acts like their world is coming to an end when you appoach teir tank , a bit like yours.

Troy

Rick00
05-08-2003, 10:53 PM
here's my leopard and red turq fry

Rick

DISCUSDADDYSLC
05-09-2003, 12:10 AM
Could'nt keep fry alive atificially :-[ both are red leopards from R.M.D.

ReeferKimberly
05-11-2003, 03:03 AM
George,
are those the same pair of oriental leopards your sending to me? if so, how long has it been since their last spawn??
thanks,
kimberly :-*