PDA

View Full Version : Bath tub as a storage tank.

henryD
03-26-2003, 10:12 AM
I am thinking about using one of the bathroom tub as a storage tank. Does anyone know if this is a good idea or not? Provided that I do a good scrubbing to get all stuff out. I thought it would be perfect since I can just run the tap from there. Does anyone have a similar set up or have used it in the past?

slicksta
03-26-2003, 11:31 AM
I would think it would work well if it is cleaned of all soap residue. If your going to heat it.....it may be worth it to have a storage container with a cover .......

pops
03-26-2003, 06:07 PM
hi slicksta,
i use my bathtub to hold 2 32g rubbermaids. fill from showerhead with 1/2in tubing. have python hooked to same for w/c. 1 pump to fill tanks,2 heaters an 1 air pump with 2 air stones. the pump i just move to whichever one that's ready. ;D ;D
if 1 springs a leak it just goes down the drain :D

Liz_Streithorst
03-26-2003, 09:42 PM
Shoot, my bath tub is my ONLY water storage container. It's also my only bath tub! In my case, I have soft water and the tub doesn't get scuddy. When I change water, I drain the tanks at the same time I'm filling the tub. I airate the water with the sump pump. When the tanks are drained, I hook up the pump to a hose and run the water to the tanks. Works for me.

Liz

piranhafreak
03-27-2003, 02:52 PM
:o ;D :) :P 8)

Carol_Roberts
03-27-2003, 07:16 PM
Here's how I store water in my bathtub :P

discuskrib
03-28-2003, 03:48 PM
Carol

- i hope you have a second tub. that'd be a lot of moving to do just to take a shower.

being that close to the toilet, have you figured out a way to do water changes with just one flush? ;)

Carol_Roberts
03-28-2003, 03:51 PM
Lol, I empty the fishtank right into the tub and down the drain. . . and there is a seperate shower in that bath . .

henryD
03-28-2003, 04:22 PM
I love your set up carol. Now I noticed your tank was empty. And from reading most of the post (old and new). I know you have more than 1 tank. So at first I thought you were storing water in those barrels. Can you explain your setup to me? Is the tank in the picture just your growout tank? Looks like a 55 gallon so that would be great for grow out.