PDA

View Full Version : breeding heckles

henryD
03-26-2003, 11:21 AM
I just got 2 blue face heckles. I was wondering if anyone had any success breeding them? What about breeding heckles with heckles or crossing them to others?

Right now I have no plans to do any breeding but thought I read that it has not been done yet. Just wondering if that has all changed.

brewmaster15
03-26-2003, 11:38 AM
Its very hard to breed them. I know of 3 on the board....Jason, Dennis, Yogi.

I have tried with the one heckle I had , and failed miserably... I am hopeful that some of the stock I am watching for a friend will surprise me!
-al

Jason
03-26-2003, 06:26 PM
I'm putting together an article on the system I use for heckels, wild non-heckels, and works for altums too.

It will basicly just be a collection of techniques that I've found usefull and have picked up through master breeders, books, and my own experiences.

when I'm finished I hope everyone can find something usefull in the info.

ReeferKimberly
03-26-2003, 10:18 PM
hi, i have a wild green and a blue face heckel that for the past week have been picking a hydro sponge clean. yesterday these two previously placid fish have become VERY aggeesive to any other discus that gets within 6 inches of the hydro. I am hoping this may be the start to some spawning. hope any of this info helpes, just telling ya my situation with heckel breeding...
kim :-*